The Sewing Place

Changed Title.......Resignation Rescinded Optimism Reigns

Lowena

Changed Title.......Resignation Rescinded Optimism Reigns
« on: August 07, 2018, 13:53:05 PM »
Today i sewed together the second quadrant of my Fancy Forest Quilt. I measured, compared and sewed.....the section was too long to match with it's neighbour :( No panic....I took it apart, remeasured, realised where I'd gone wrong, re configured and sewed.......too long  :'( No matter,, I redid the whole process ( sewing in a hedgehog upside down was not intentional  :| ) This time I reread the pattern, ticked as I went, pinned and compared... sewed..........too bl***y long!!!!!!
I'm glad Elizabeth Hartman is safely across the pond, or I would stick FF somewhere very uncomfortable... especially as it would be too long to fit!!! :angry: :angry:
I've put it away until next week, but am wondering why I'm spending a fortune on going to the FOQ when I'm obviously not cut out for this Darkside lark at all!!!!!!!!
Here's my badge ( if I had one ) I resign!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 18:19:29 PM by Lowena »
Triumph of hope over experience :D

StitchinTime

Re: That's It........I Resign!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 14:04:23 PM »
Oh dear, Lowena, but perhaps it is not you but the pattern. Have you seen these corrections to the pattern on Elizabeth Hartman's site?

Acorn

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 14:18:12 PM »
The Dark Side is like the Hotel California...

'You can check out any time you like,
But you can never leave!'

So you're stuck here with us.   :P
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Iminei

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 15:45:55 PM »
OH that's just awful!

She shouldn't sell the pattern without an addendum sheet inside as not every single person in the world is on the T'internet! or would think to look on her site, I know I didn't ... luckily I havent started these yet.

@Sakar ... Reads these corrections for your Fancy Forest pattern!

Poor Low, Calm down and come back to it fresh after the show.

You can quilt Ive seen your work and its beautiful and I'm sorry I got you a pattern that had uncorrected errors in it. Nothing is perfect first time, I should know ... even a beautifully simple, block like Augusts BOM can go awry ... and if you dont believe me ... check my offering out!

FANCY FOREST

Early printings of this pattern may include the following inaccurate headings/references:

On Page 5 (Bunny) the heading above the cutting diagram for Pieces I - Q should read "Fabric 1" and not "Fabrics 2 and 4".

On Page 3 (Fancy Fox) the heading above the cutting diagram for Pieces C - F should read "Fabrics 3 and 4" and not "Fabrics 2 and 4".

On Page 15, Step 9, the size of the finished Thistle block should be referenced as 6-1/2" x 18-1/2" (not 6-1/2" x 18"). The size is referenced correctly elsewhere in the pattern, including in the Page 14 introduction to the Thistle Block.

On Page 17, Step 9, the size of the Upper Wing Unit should be referenced as 7-1/2" x 4" (not 7-1/2" x 3-1/2"). The size of all of the component pieces and the piecing directions are correct, so following the pattern should result in Upper Wing Units that are the correct size.

There are no known inaccuracies in the dimensions of cut pieces, or in the piecing instructions.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 17:10:19 PM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Sakar

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 16:49:54 PM »
@Sakar ... Reads these corrections for your Fancy Forest pattern!

Thanks for this information!!

Poor Low!! It's so awful to learn something the hard way!!  :S
I agree with Imnei: Calm down and come back to it fresh after the show. ;)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 17:10:31 PM by Iminei »

Lowena

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 16:51:26 PM »
I'm sure it can all be sorted...but.... not today........not tomorrow.....but someday soon  :ninja:

maliw

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 16:55:52 PM »
You're spending a fortune on FOQ to enjoy yourself and to meet up with all of us lovely folk   :ninja: who will persuade you that 'yes you can do it', maybe not today, or next week but you WILL do it.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Iminei

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2018, 17:12:08 PM »
Thats it Mali ... This is MY week, MY holiday doing what I want with Peeps I want to be with ... ONE Week in a year!

and my lovey Imself knows it and is supporting me completely in it.
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

rubywishes

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2018, 10:08:44 AM »
  @Lowena   :'(Oh Lowie, I'm going to kick the first cat I see tomorrow....on your behalf and I'm sure you'll feel better after I've done that for you! And no, don't give up...s'not your fault if there's a gaff in the blooming pattern. :angry: Go to the FOQ (not sobbing over here...not really  :'( :'(), have a good time, get a little "off your face" with some adult beverages and come back home refreshed and gungho!
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2018, 05:34:14 AM »
@rubywishes  not the Kitties!  :'( :meow: :'( Let them help!!!

If it truly becomes bin worthy get revenge on it by turning it into a cat bed or bed stuffing. Show that fabric who's boss. :thread:
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Lowena

Re: Changed Title.......Resignation Rescinded Optimism Reigns
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2018, 18:18:35 PM »
I have changed the title of this thread so it reflects my new found optimism  :D
I have taken the whole quilt apart, pressed each piecs and am now ready to measure each block, throw away the bad ones and put the accurate ones to one side. Then I shall make the remaining blocks and repiece the quilt.........hopefully  :P

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2018, 18:37:02 PM »
Atta Girl! Teach that fabric who's boss!  :sew:
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Acorn

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2018, 18:52:20 PM »
Yay!  Go @Lowena!

I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Sheilago

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2018, 19:00:36 PM »
Well done! Sometimes a little break from something makes it all seem simpler. You could always use the ‘bad’ blocks for quilted cushion covers with a bit  of improvised sashing.

maliw

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2018, 19:04:37 PM »
Take your time and breathe, remember you may know that there are mistakes but nobody else will see them. People see the overall finished effect. Go for it.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula