The Sewing Place

Ottobre 5/2018

Nattywoo

Re: Ottobre 5/2018
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2018, 22:25:44 PM »
Thanks Misschris, I looked at their blog and saw nothing, but did not think of checking them up on Facebook.
Even then it looks strange as even after inverting the sizes, the smallest size end up the longest at the hem  (but at least the narrowest). In my toile I am also changing the hemline.

Fiona M

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2018, 07:43:15 AM »
I love everything in that issue, apart from the top with the floppy sleeves.
However, tracing off the patterns would cause me to lose the will to live.

SkoutSews

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2018, 09:32:35 AM »
@Fiona M , yes it's a chore, isn't it?  I still find it easier than pdf printing and taping, which drives me nuts.  Once I decide I'm going to press on and get the pattern traced it doesn't seem to take too long, in fact not too much longer than identifying and cutting out all the pieces from a printed pattern, which I then have to alter as well.  I use a pin to stick through the lines, then join the dots with a french curve and ruler. There's a large piece of corrugated cardboard kept for the purpose.  Luckily most of the designs are simple with just a few pieces to trace.

Fiona M

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2018, 11:12:56 AM »
I like the sound of your method @SkoutSews, I have a couple of old Ottobre mags, which I bought because I liked the patterns, but never could be bovvered with the tracing.  Maybe I will have a go yet!