The Sewing Place

Burda magazine September 2018

dolcevita

Burda magazine September 2018
« on: August 08, 2018, 16:34:41 PM »
Full details of the magazine are now on the German Burda website.  There's a lovely dress with some spectacular seam lines (you'll know it when you see it) and some very pretty things in the plus range, too.  I really, really want the grey dress.  I will have to wait at least a couple of weeks for it to arrive, though, so I best get working on the Ottobre stuff!

Burda September 2018

SewRuthieSews

Re: Burda magazine September 2018
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 07:04:55 AM »
I'm having trouble getting a copy of Burda August, but will try another WHSmiths.

mammafairy

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 23:04:28 PM »

SewRuthieSews
Try Tesco's if there is one near you. I usually get mine there. Smith's stopped doing them in Manchester a few years ago, and although they may have started again, I don't bother- just Tesco...

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 07:22:45 AM »
I was getting them in my local Tesco but they seemed to have stopped, so I reverted to WHSmiths for August and September.

Tamnymore

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 08:43:00 AM »
I don't usually find much I like in the Burda mag nowadays but this edition has some nice stuff. Surprisingly my local newsagent has been stocking it so I must take a look.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

beepbeepsew

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2018, 09:59:19 AM »
I got a copy of this one especially for the plus size pea coat, I just love it!  There's a lot I like in this issue but I am mostly sized out of the 'regular' section. I order mine from newsstand.co.uk for a total of £7.23 including postage, which I feel is kind of pricey but it always arrives the next day so it's (almost) instant gratification. Besides, with the cost of a regular paper pattern floating around £10 now, I feel I can justify it.

SkoutSews

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2018, 12:10:52 PM »
Full details of the magazine are now on the German Burda website.  There's a lovely dress with some spectacular seam lines (you'll know it when you see it) and some very pretty things in the plus range, too.

Do you mean the sheath dress with the notch neck and the 'darted' collar?  I do like that one.  I've never seen a copy of Burda magazine round my way.  If this is a representative example of their patterns. I'll need to seek it out.

I've a Vogue pattern Vogue 1385 for a blouse with a similar neckline, but more tucks into a 'V' rather then into a round, notched neckline.  It's in the 'holding bay'.  I have fabric, but am nervous of how on earth I'll do an FBA on it.  Much thought required  :S

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2018, 12:39:23 PM »
@SkoutSews a FBA on that shouldn't be too bad as the darting shouldn't really interfere with the alteration.  Of course, I haven't seen the pattern piece.  :)

SkoutSews

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2018, 12:58:46 PM »
Thanks @Ohsewsimple , I probably am overthinking the problem.  Once I get round to it I'll post here as to how I get on.