The Sewing Place

Sew Red for The Eve Appeal

Francesca

Re: Sew Red for The Eve Appeal
« Reply #90 on: September 13, 2018, 09:48:21 AM »
We've got an amazing number of donations so far guys. Once we've concluded, I'll make a gallery/collage and we can hopefully post that around some of our friends too with the link to get a few more entries?

Iminei

« Reply #91 on: September 13, 2018, 09:57:18 AM »
I'm looking out for cups and saucers today whilst in St Ives. 3 people want me to make them the pincushions ( pic further up the page ) but for these I'll be making the actual cushion from patchwork. They're popular because if you miss the cushion the pins fall into the saucer ( which is superglued to cup )

Are they paying you to make these Low?? Will a portion of that go to The Eve Appeal?
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Ploshkin

« Reply #92 on: September 13, 2018, 10:16:05 AM »
I'm plugging away at some alppliquing. It's slow going and I may or may not get it  finished but I will, of course, donate anyway.
Life's too short for ironing.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #93 on: September 14, 2018, 18:15:07 PM »
Back sooner than I thought so tomorrow I will get my tartan skirt done and then if I make the time I have some red velvet that is crying out to be made into a jacket (or even a waistcoat), watch this space.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Fiona M

« Reply #94 on: September 15, 2018, 17:16:07 PM »
I've been working on my apron today.  All was going swimmingly, and then I gave my neckline seam a good long press ... and burned 5 little holes in the fabric.    :'(
It's fixable, but I will have to piece the neckline now, and I could have done without it, but that will teach me to in future a) check the iron temperature before applying to the fabric, and b) use my pressing cloth.

Fiona M

« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2018, 19:30:17 PM »
It’s finished.  Had to get it done today, no more free time til after the end of the month.
It’s reversible, so it’s just the one apron; flowery side and gingham side.
Not sure why only one photo is the right way up
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 19:32:16 PM by Fiona M »

Iminei

« Reply #96 on: September 17, 2018, 13:42:27 PM »
The Back is pieced ....

The pic is upside down, the half blocks should be on the right of the back as  you look at it.

I might have to add another thin white border as I used 6 half blocks which equates to 60" length and the quilt measures 58" square D'OH! Wheres the Brenda the Mathmajician of Quilting when you need her ... or just add a strip top and bottom, yes I like that idea better!

Linky in case of invisibubble pics

Ploshkin

« Reply #97 on: September 17, 2018, 17:53:48 PM »
@Iminei when you put a strip in the back like that what tricks do you use to get it to line up straight?
Life's too short for ironing.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #98 on: September 17, 2018, 18:38:36 PM »
Skirt done, off to make a donation now, more details in my diary
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Iminei

« Reply #99 on: September 17, 2018, 20:33:28 PM »

@Iminei when you put a strip in the back like that what tricks do you use to get it to line up straight?

?????????  A hope and a prayer ????

Iminei

« Reply #100 on: September 20, 2018, 11:52:32 AM »
Well that was the 'mare I thought it was going to be ...  and Im not sure Im happy with the results yet ...
I have banished the monster into the other room to sit and think about what its done !!! :devil:

Sodding thing! :angry:

Francesca

« Reply #101 on: September 20, 2018, 11:57:33 AM »
I'm sure it looks fabulous!

I'm still getting nowhere with my project, just not enough hours in the day  :S I've got a deadline of until tomorrow evening to finish my corset and then I really need to get on with my dress for this wedding. Only then can I "Sew Red" and it's unlikely to be before the deadline for judging, but I'll still donate anyway  :P

Francesca

« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2018, 11:58:30 AM »
Remember guys you've got 3 days to post your pictures up. If you've already done them and are intending to submit, can you reply to this comment so I can make sure I don't miss anyone.

Voting will go up 24th/25th or so and run for about 10 days.

Iminei

« Reply #103 on: September 20, 2018, 12:16:13 PM »
THREE Days???

I thought it would run til the end of September ?!!!!!!

AWWWWW CR4P !!!!!

There is no way I can get this thing finished in 3 days ... It is only the 20th isn't it???

Francesca

« Reply #104 on: September 20, 2018, 12:40:26 PM »
It says in the first post that pictures need to be up by 23rd.

However, if most are happy to extend it until the end of September then I am OK with that too.