Re: Sew Red for The Eve Appeal
« Reply #120 on: September 21, 2018, 17:34:44 PM »
Deffo light red for me.
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Iminei

« Reply #121 on: September 22, 2018, 08:21:56 AM »
Panic Over..... Just found a 15" x 70" chunk of it upstairs phew!  ><

And I'm veering towards the light red myself now...
No sewing this weekend I think as Imselfs race to Calais has been cancelled because of the forecasted weather!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

mudcat

« Reply #122 on: September 22, 2018, 23:33:47 PM »
I have to agree with the lighter red.  The dark red is too jarring. 

Lachica

« Reply #123 on: September 25, 2018, 16:11:43 PM »
At last I managed to grab a bit of time. The red dress is part way there. The collar is ready to go on but doesn't seem to match the neckline in length :devil: I reduced the seam allowances to 8mm and have sewn at this width very carefully so not sure what's going on. It doesn't help that I've gone down with a streaming cold (again). Today is a babysitting day so might try again tonight. The fabric frays like mad so reducing the seam allowances wasn't such a clever plan :angry:  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Iminei

« Reply #124 on: September 28, 2018, 16:27:30 PM »
I have been a busy, busy bee and I'm on the home straight!

The SEW Red for Vege quilt is currently sprawling over the sofa in the lounge whilst the binding gets used to its new position in life.

Tomorrow I shall finish it, with ... perhaps ... a label too.

Pics at the end of the album , click on the i icon for decsriptions.

Acorn

« Reply #125 on: September 28, 2018, 16:56:16 PM »
That's beautiful Imi - and the borders and binding are just right.   0_0
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #126 on: September 28, 2018, 18:17:57 PM »
You are so clever, envious of your skills and I think we ought to declare you the outright winner right now.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Iminei

« Reply #127 on: September 29, 2018, 08:27:39 AM »
Right Ladies this is your last call ....

You have just  TWO more days to complete (or pretend you have) your project,
post your pics (artful or otherwise) and Please remember to DONATE to the Eve Appeal!!!

Lachica

« Reply #128 on: September 29, 2018, 20:01:40 PM »
Well I put in the sleeves on the red dress and took it to sewing club for opinions. Everyone agreed the colour is wrong for me, drains my face. I think it looks like a lab coat. I won't be finishing the hem or sleeve hems, and I don't need to find buttons. Two people suggested @Fabric Lover would suit it so I'll see whether she wants it. I did make a nice job of the collar in spite of the fraying. I will donate though.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Iminei

« Reply #129 on: September 30, 2018, 08:34:36 AM »
It is finished!

I sewed the binding on whilst watching a UndertheDomeathon marathon yesterday morning ... I even zipped upstairs during one of their numerous ad breaks to wake Elvis and tho the label is a lil myeh! it is labelled (with love)

I am very happy with it and at 57" square it will be perfect for snuggling under as the nights draw in!!!!

SEW Red Linky

Pearl

« Reply #130 on: September 30, 2018, 16:46:20 PM »
Just a little red something from me.  It is a Manx log cabin block and is 12 1/2" square(ish). 

I am pleased because it has been on my 'To Do' list for a while and I made it using a jelly roll from my stash.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it but DD thinks it looks Christmassy so I might put a binding on it and use it as a mat for nibbles. 

Starryfish

« Reply #131 on: September 30, 2018, 18:20:46 PM »
I've finished my top, and am wearing it! Will try and take a picture tomorrow as there isn't enough light now. Have donated to the appeal.
A day without sewing is a day wasted.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #132 on: September 30, 2018, 19:04:56 PM »
Not going to get my velvet dress done in time but have donated and submitted a skirt and dress already.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Kenora

« Reply #133 on: September 30, 2018, 19:20:02 PM »
Beautiful "red" entries everyone.  <3 Have submitted my red parrots on The Darkside, and have donated to the appeal this evening.
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Francesca

« Reply #134 on: October 01, 2018, 12:01:37 PM »
Well we are all closed up, I am going to put together a collage and will have the voting thread up soon! I will also announce the donation after voting closes, as hopefully we can get a little more money!

Also, is anyone OK with me posting a pic (faces cropped obviously) on Instagram? I have been running the same thing there and would love to showcase some things. Please shout if you are OK with me putting your photo in an album on my profile there.