The Sewing Place

Butterick 6324 in navy and white georgette

Fabric Lover

Butterick 6324 in navy and white georgette
« on: March 22, 2017, 20:25:39 PM »
This top needed some perseverance but I got there in the end.  I took the first collar I made off as I wasn't happy with it and made a second one. Then the machine jammed with one of the seams in it, and finally when I was doing the buttonholes, I caught some fabric under the buttonhole band and had to very carefully unpick it! |O Still, finally finished and worn already!
Stitching in Staffordshire with Style! (Well hopefully anyway)

dolcevita

Re: Butterick 6324 in navy and white georgette
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 08:38:21 AM »
Lovely - looks great.  Sometimes perserverance really does pay off.

SkoutSews

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 09:31:09 AM »
A test of patience perhaps, but well worth the effort.  It's a very smart shirt. Where did you get your fabric?  Did you line the bodice?  I can't see from the photo  8)

Fabric Lover

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 10:59:13 AM »
Thanks both!

A test of patience perhaps, but well worth the effort.  It's a very smart shirt. Where did you get your fabric?  Did you line the bodice?  I can't see from the photo  8)
I got the fabric on a trip to Goldhawk Road in January - I had seen a RTW top in similar fabric in a shop without a white collar, it had a tie neck (are they called "pussybow ties"?) and was reminiscing to my friend that in the 80s I had a shirt in the same navy and white georgette but with a white collar and cuffs although on short sleeves. Bizarrely when we resumed our fabric shopping, this was one of the first fabrics I saw!  I didn't line the bodice, I wear a camisole underneath. The white cotton was from stash, can't remember where that came from.

Francesca

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 12:13:55 PM »

Fabric Lover

Lady Violet

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2017, 17:30:35 PM »
Lovely blouse and the style is very smart.  Wish I was brave enough to sew with georgette.  Last time I tried, it was a disaster, it finished up in the bin I did not get much past the cutting out stage. I lost my mojo afterwards.  I have stayed away from it since.  I do love it though.  Maybe one day I will pluck up the courage to try again. ;)
A bad start always has a good ending ☘

Fabric Lover

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2017, 18:25:05 PM »
Lovely blouse and the style is very smart.  Wish I was brave enough to sew with georgette.  Last time I tried, it was a disaster, it finished up in the bin I did not get much past the cutting out stage. I lost my mojo afterwards.  I have stayed away from it since.  I do love it though.  Maybe one day I will pluck up the courage to try again. ;)
I can understand how that puts one off, had that feeling many times! I think I just fell for the fabric and threw caution to the wind! :D
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 23:42:25 PM by Fabric Lover »