The Sewing Place

Sewing Podcasts - a List

Morgan

Vezelay

Re: Sewing Podcasts - a List
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 16:07:11 PM »
Thank you Morgan. Some perfect veg patch broad bean shelling-for-freezing (this) afternoon listening there!  :)

annieg

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 23:24:39 PM »
@Morgan
I listened to about 5 of the podcast earlier today.  She makes some very insightful comments and suggests good strategies.
I wl definitely give some a 2nd listen.
Regards
Annieg

Marniesews

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 23:56:23 PM »
I've only listened to one or two sewing podcasts before and wasn't encouraged to listen again. Neither of them are on Johanna's list but they may not have been going in 2016. I do like The Last Stitch and have been following her since the beginning of this year when I started looking more closely at Activewear but I hadn't noticed this list before so I'll give these a try and hope they work better for me. I quite fancy the first on the list. I don't mind opinionated as long as it's well informed and then I'm happy just to disagree at times.

The ones I listened to previously seemed like very breezy affairs and rather giddy chats to me at the time but perhaps they appeal to a younger listener than me or someone focussed primarily on current fashion dressmaking trends and indie designers. Without wishing to sound like the miserable old git that I clearly am (too late I fear), I just felt it was all about the interviewee's 'story', being current and on-trend (how I hate that jargon, just like 'in branch' ugh!). Of course I may be interested in that occasionally but I want a much wider range than that including a bit of technical/technique talk to encourage me back there again.

Fingers crossed and many thanks for the list. It may prove a nice change to Inspector Wexford on YouTube  :D  ;)
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.