The Sewing Place

Gorgeous Quilt in Todays Escape to the country

Iminei

Gorgeous Quilt in Todays Escape to the country
« on: February 06, 2019, 15:41:05 PM »
Did anyone else spot the gorgeous (I'm really hoping it was a) quilt on the bed in this afternoons Escape to the Country ???

A middle aged couple (Headteacher and Librarian) with a family of 3 and in the main bedroom of the mystery house in Sedburgh (?) Cumbria was a gorgeous multi coloured quilt of either 2" (or very possibly smaller) squares ... it was absolutely beautiful, simple bimple, all colours higgledy piggledy ... planned layout, planned schmayout!!!

I'm just hoping I'm not making a tit of myself and discover it was a printed bedspread or duvet.
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Acorn

Re: Gorgeous Quilt in Todays Escape to the country
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 16:07:58 PM »
I think there were two - sorry for these appalling pictures, but my phone's battery was on the way out.  (I watched it and was still watching the next programme, so I was able to rewind.)

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Iminei

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 16:48:25 PM »
That's the one (the first pic) but the colours seem a bit more 'muted' in the pic than they were in the programme ...
lovely!

Just shows that random does work (if you let it!)

Thx Acorn!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

coffeeandcake

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 20:04:51 PM »
Yep @Iminei: Sedbergh. A very nice little town built around a private school. Lovely little bookshops and independent stores. I like the second quilt.