The Sewing Place

Vezelay's free-ish patterns

Vezelay

Vezelay's free-ish patterns
« on: August 17, 2018, 11:33:00 AM »
The patterns are free but I'm afraid international postage from Ireland is not. The vintage Style pattern is cut to size 12 but the rest are uncut. Some are unopened! I could probably include the Tilly Bettine but it only arrived in the post last week  :|

Postal cost is £1.35 (€1.50) for all except the Colette and New Look 6150 which are thicker, so £2.50 (€2.80). Post to NI is cheaper - same as our domestic rate.

Attachments wouldn't load for me - I don't know why so using Imgur instead which means they are huge.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 11:49:33 AM by Vezelay »

Sewcycle

Re: Vezelay's free-ish patterns
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 18:16:36 PM »
Hi Vezelay, I would be really interested in the shirt, McCalls 7094, if still available. How nice of you to offer all these patterns. The Colette also looks nice but I think the neckline is too wide for me.
'Is there a life before breakfast'

Vezelay

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 19:59:52 PM »
@Sewcycle, it's a pleasure. I sent you a PM - hope you got it. I meant to say send me your address as well - could be useful  :) 

The Colette Aster is a nice make but I didn't realise it's drafted for a C cup so that the neck was gaping on me, so my top was worn once before heading off to the charity shop.

I never made the McCalls tunic. It was beyond my sewing skills when I bought it so I made a different woven tunic instead.

Anyone else?

annieg

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 22:11:16 PM »
@Vezelay is the Collette pattern available?
Annieg

Vezelay

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2018, 22:37:28 PM »
It is Annie. If you're keen just PM me your address and email address and I can post it next week.

I should add for anyone interested that any 2 patterns should post for £2.50. I can check that for you.

Lachica

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2018, 23:04:59 PM »
Hi @Vezelay if the Vogue tunic and the butterick 5950 are still available I'd like them please. Have sent you a pm. What's the best way to send payment? PayPal friends?
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Vezelay

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2018, 09:25:19 AM »
Those two to @Lachica  then. 4 down, 4 to go.

I've never received money via PayPal before, only paid (too many times  :(). With PP friends it seems you just need my email address and  possubly a mobile number and you transfer - is that right? The other way I know is that I send a PP request.

Can anyone confirm for me what folk here normally do please?

Lachica

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2018, 09:39:52 AM »
PP payments just need the recipient's email address- assuming they have a PP account of course!
Mary

annieg

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2018, 09:42:21 AM »
Hi
I think all that is required is your email address

I would log on to my PayPal account and send money to your email paypal account using the pay friends and family option   
Paypal should notify you when the funds are received.
Annieg

BrendaP

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2018, 09:46:56 AM »
PP payments just need the recipient's email address- assuming they have a PP account of course!

The postal address is needed if the paper pattern is to be posted!
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Lachica

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2018, 09:49:46 AM »
Yes, that's sent by pm, PP isn't interested in contributors' addresses.
Mary

Vezelay

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2018, 10:11:40 AM »
Thanks - I'm clear now. :)

Vezelay

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2018, 17:45:16 PM »
Correction. I just checked the New Look 6150 (not yet claimed) and for some reason I must have cut some of the pattern pieces to a size 10 rather than trace - which I always do now. Sorry. I'm a 12 in rtw tops and usually cut a 10 in the big four companies. However, this 10 was more like a 14 rtw and I had to take it in a good bit at the sides. Also I used 100% cotton jersey which has minimal stretch so if you used stretchier fabric and took a smaller seam allowance you'd probably even get a fit for a size 16 rtw from the cut pieces.

It has a lot of pieces so is quite a thick pattern, hence the extra postage cost. I don't mind if it's left as I might try it again in an 8. But I have another similar pattern now the Brasov Wrap Top that I want to make.

Vezelay

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2018, 10:41:05 AM »
Four of the patterns are winging their way to their new homes. I've decided to keep New Look 6217 after seeing great reviews of the top on PatternReview. I put the Style shirtdress on Ebay- not hopeful (never managed to sell anything there  :() but it's still free here. Last call for the New Look 6150 wrap top (size 4-10) and McCalls 6927 tops (unopened) in case anyone is interested. Otherwise they'll go to the charity shop by the end of the week.

b15erk

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2018, 10:54:02 AM »
Vezelay, I think I was ill when you posted these patterns.  If you still have the Style shirtdress for sale, could you pm me a link to your Ebay please? 

I'm having a shirtdress moment....

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.