The Sewing Place

[TAKEN] Amazing peach embellished fabric

Francesca

[TAKEN] Amazing peach embellished fabric
« on: August 20, 2018, 15:31:32 PM »
This isn't meterage of fabric, it's actually a dress... so if anyone fancies doing some upcycling...

I bought this dress in a sample sale for £2 with the intention of hacking off the main swingy part of the dress and turning it into a skirt. However I've realised it's still not wide enough for my waist sadly even when removed from the bodice. The original dress is a size 10.

The dress is a trapeze dress. The "skirt" is gathered slightly and hangs from a seamline ABOVE the bust. It then has a short yoke, round neck, and sleeves which develop into big bell sleeves with more embellishment.

The embellishment is amazing. Big frilly peach flowers, swirly embroidery, sequins and glitter. The whole bottom of the dress is scalloped and thick with this embellishment. There is then a second strip of embellishment a little higher on the dress. It is all backed on non-stretch tulle.

I know some of you have daughters and granddaughters - this would make the most amazing fairy dress, party dress when paired with a top, it could even be just made into a skirt. You could probably re-use the sleeves. It has a back zip in a matching colour so if you can remove that you can reuse it.

Free to a good home.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 10:22:43 AM by Francesca »

Samantha

Re: [FREE] Amazing peach embellished fabric
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 16:01:49 PM »
My youngest would adore that, if no one else has asked could I have it please?

Francesca

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 16:22:07 PM »
No problem! Glad it'll go to a good home. Hopefully you can make it into something amazing. I reckon with a satin ribbon waistband it could be a little tutu/wrap skirt.

Samantha

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 16:42:26 PM »
Thank you! I'll post a photo when I've done something with it  :D