The Sewing Place

Hello, I'm Sarah

Sarah Watson

Re: Hello, I'm Sarah
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2018, 14:31:21 PM »
Ahhh thanks all for the welcome :)

The story of the pink cape?!  Here goes: one friend had a cape made from a duffle coat (no, I don't know why either) and the other one thought it was the best/funniest/most ridiculous thing he'd ever seen and he wanted one.  The combo of the second (at that stage, imaginary) cape being pink and with squid tentacles is best summed up as the result of several long nights in the pub!  When this friend said he was getting married, the first one said "well I would have made you your cape but now your wedding is sooner than I thought". I thought it was just about feasible to pull off in the timescale, on the proviso that if it went wrong, nobody need ever know.   I did the design and the main sewing and my buddy sewed buttons on the tentacles to look like suckers.  The hardest part?  Keeping it a secret!

Doesn't look as though I can post a photo - am I missing something or is this because I'm new / have yet to contribute to the forum running costs?  If I could, I would :)

Have a good afternoon,

Sarah

Samantha

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2018, 15:03:57 PM »
Amazing! We must see photos!  Non subscribers can add photos, here's a tutorial on what to do  https://thesewingplace.org.uk/index.php?topic=46.0

or you can subscribe by clicking on the 'Support TheSewingPlace from just £1 a month' link, top right hand corner just below the greeny blue TSP banner

mammafairy

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2018, 12:42:04 PM »
I adore sewing for babies! Little garments are so quick to do!

And i would love to see that squidcape!

Marniesews

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2018, 21:44:47 PM »
Hello and welcome from me too. There's nothing nicer in this world than sewing for the little ones. They look fabulous in everything you make, wonderful place to start for newbies but, if you've been sewing garments for yourself, you're definitely not that.

Also looking forward to the pictures.  :)
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

UttaRetch

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2018, 08:38:25 AM »
Hello and welcome, Sarah from a fellow Londoner and dressmaker.  I'm a selfish moo and sew only for me. 0_0

justpottering

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2018, 09:07:47 AM »
Hello and welcome from me too another dressmaker  0_0

Have fun looking round the site, there are lots of interesting threads, something for everyone, and if like me you're nosey interested in what other's are up to take a peek at threads that you don't think you'd be interested in because it's not what you do and you'll be surprised at what you learn

Have a cuppa and take a browse it's better than browsing a fabric emporium (well let's say it's the next best thing)

JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

UttaRetch

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2018, 09:51:43 AM »
Doesn't look as though I can post a photo - am I missing something or is this because I'm new / have yet to contribute to the forum running costs?  If I could, I would :)
I use Lunapic for picture handling.  Follow the steps below:

1.   Save your picture to your computer desktop (or somewhere you can find it easily).
2.   Use the Browse folder in Lunapic to find the image you want to upload.
3.   You will see that you have options to crop, scale or rotate.  If the image is large, pick scale and reduce.
4.   APPLY the resultant new size.
5.   Scroll to the bottom for the Save options and click on Imgur.
6.   Copy everything in the Image URL window and use the link to repost the image using the picture icon in reply.

Look forward to seeing a picture. 0_0