The Sewing Place

What have I done

Gernella

What have I done
« on: August 23, 2018, 10:10:16 AM »
Looking round for some ponte roma for a pattern I had seen, I have been scouring my usual places. I came across one on Ebay and I seemed to keep going back to it.  It was unusual, totally different to what I usually buy but the fabric on the picture shown seemed to have a bit of a bandaged effect.  I put the lowest bid in, regretted later but thought somebody would probably buy.  They didn't and it is mine. 

I was sat watching tv last night and DH closed the curtains later on.  It was then I realised that part of the pattern was very similar to my curtains.  The main pattern is set within a band on either side,  and the band part is similar but not the same on the dress fabric, which is what I think drew me to it.  I love those curtains, which is a good job since they cost a fortune are coming up to 20 years old.  But for a dress! I've just found the pattern on another site, going cheap.

https://www.thetextilecentre.co.uk/products/erratic-floral-patch-print-ponte-roma-jersey-print-1?variant=28107903368
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

DementedFairy

Re: What have I done
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 11:07:38 AM »
THat's really cool!
C'est moi!

wrenkins

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 11:16:14 AM »
I had that on my watch list for ages... 8)
Luverly!
Now pull yourself together and get sewing. (See what I did there?)  0_0
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

StitchinTime

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 11:22:33 AM »
Just make sure you don't watch The Sound of Music in your living room while wearing the dress.

Gernella

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2018, 10:25:33 AM »
Well the fabric has arrived and with 3 meters, very heavy.  Opened and showed to DH and got the expected response.  "We saw something like that on Wednesday and you pulled a face".  In other words he loves it.

I would imagine it's a one dress fabric (or I really will look like Sound of Music), so in the fullness of time one and a half meters will be offered.  In fact it can go now if anybody wants it.
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2018, 12:31:14 PM »
And the Textile Centre have it in two colourways - I may have bought a couple of metres of each, at that price it would be rude not to 0_0

Tamnymore

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2018, 12:35:56 PM »
Great fabric. Love it!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

annieg

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2018, 12:37:33 PM »
@Gernella
I'd be interested in buying what you want to sell on.....
 :D
Annieg

Gernella

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2018, 13:10:15 PM »
Actually @annieg, going now would suit me better, less to store away.. It only cost me a fiver plus the postage so I'm not interested in getting anything for the fabric just the postage.

annieg

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2018, 13:43:52 PM »
Ok superb!
I'll PM YOU......

sewingj

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2018, 13:59:55 PM »
I was very tempted by this weeks ago but decided the pattern was too big for what I wanted.  I`ll be really interested to see how it turns out

Marniesews

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2018, 21:04:21 PM »
I looked at that one too and thought it would make a very striking dress - but my stash is already way too full, spilling out of the cupboard, drawers, boxes and out from under the table.  :o
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.