The Sewing Place

moisture wicking, cooling sports fabric

Alangus

moisture wicking, cooling sports fabric
« on: August 21, 2018, 19:53:01 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Hope you have had nice summers. Im planing to make some sportswear for myself for a change and am wondering if anyone has any tips on where to buy those 'technical' moisture wicking cooling fabrics that are nice to wear when you are sweaty. I'm also starting to have, what I think, are pre menopausal hut flushes :devil:, some months I have days when I have about 10 - 20 a day for a few days. Im going to try and make some tops from sports fabric to see if that helps me feel more comfortable.
Im thinking I'll try with 'meryl' and 'supplex' - and I'd be grateful for any recomendations on other fabrics and where to get them, or even names of fabric that I can follow up.
Thanks very much in advance.

Acorn

Re: moisture wicking, cooling sports fabric
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 20:36:31 PM »
I know nothing about technical fabrics, but just want to say Evening Primrose Oil - high dosage.   ;)
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Alangus

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 21:36:29 PM »
I know nothing about technical fabrics, but just want to say Evening Primrose Oil - high dosage.   ;)

Thanks - great idea. I take it sometimes anyway so I'll try more. ((When I was in my late 20s I had a high dose prescribed on the NHS for breast pain. In the early 2000s the NHS removed it as a prescription drug because they said that there was not enough proof that it worked for everyone - though they did agree it worked for some people. What a shame, I think thousands of people did well on it.))

BrendaP

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 10:13:08 AM »
Evening Primrose oil worked wonders with the iritability and headaches of pre menstural tension (I think it's called pre menstrual stress now) but not sure that it did much for the hot flushes.

Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Morgan

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 10:43:47 AM »