Tamnymore

Re: Anyone?
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2018, 21:11:52 PM »
The black outfits have a look of giant tadpole about them.  :S
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2018, 01:52:00 AM »
@Efemera I was going to post a link to the pink poncho and say I could help you with a pattern for that one.

Now this one I actually think is fabulous. Feel free to disagree...  I'd style it a bit differently but in my climate it's probably more than enough warmth most Autumn and Winter days.

And all kidding aside, @SewRuthieSews recently posted a link elsewhere to a TED talk about Where joy hides and how to find it. They've found that circular shapes, like confetti, or the singular, confetto, or polka dots bring most people joy. That dress is like one big confetto. In pink it might bring a lot of smiles to people.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2018, 07:19:52 AM »
There were 5 things from the 'Joy' TED talk

- round shapes
- pops of bright colour
- symmetrical shapes
- a sense of abundance/multiplicity
- a feeling of lightness/elevation

So if you purchased an all over (abundance) feather print (lightness) on a fairly brightly coloured background (colour) and made a loose tee out of it you could get 3/5 and it might help the mood.

I think I'd rather have my circles on things than the whole garment be circular, but mayeb this drives the boule coat.

Efemera

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2018, 08:58:16 AM »
That’s interesting.... I love polka dots but other than that I never go for round shapes... I like square things... square Christmas cakes, square watches ( took me forever to find a square watch) square diamonds! :loveit:

Acorn

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2018, 10:00:33 AM »
There were 5 things from the 'Joy' TED talk

- round shapes
- pops of bright colour
- symmetrical shapes
- a sense of abundance/multiplicity
- a feeling of lightness/elevation

So if you purchased an all over (abundance) feather print (lightness) on a fairly brightly coloured background (colour) and made a loose tee out of it you could get 3/5 and it might help the mood.

Wow!  My bright red softshell (all-over feather design on the fabric) is cocoon shaped.  It is also very lightweight for a big, warm waterproof coat.  It's pretty much perfect by that list - everything but symmetry (although the coat itself is symmetrical!)

My black and pink coat (black with pink dots) is also doing pretty well - everything but lightness!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 11:15:31 AM by Acorn »
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Catllar

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2018, 23:16:05 PM »
I could see the black one being a useful extra shopping bag at the market.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

crafter

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2018, 17:40:53 PM »
I have actually made one of these.  Did it in doubled bridal netting and steel boning.  Filled the bottom third of it with wood shavings.

DD wore it to the school fancy dress day as a round tea bag.  They had just come out.  She won too. :loveit:

sewmuchmore

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2018, 18:28:45 PM »
Here is the fabric. Look at all those lovely colours. Perhaps this should be our next competition. Who can come up with the best non wearable garment. ;)
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet