The Sewing Place

Kwik Sew 2325

Ravingdoll

Kwik Sew 2325
« on: August 25, 2018, 17:54:21 PM »
Ok I take responsibility for the downturn in the weather!  During the heatwave I struggled and decided to make a summer dressing gown.  Easy pattern, but the fabric was horrible to work with, very slippery.  Much bad language ensued!    So I am particularly glad I didn’t use it for something where I needed to put in a zip.  I might make the nightie and knickers from the pattern too but I would rather use cotton or similar for those.   

Lachica

Re: Kwik Sew 2325
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 20:28:27 PM »
Very nice!
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

fajita

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 21:50:08 PM »
That's pretty.

Nevis5

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2018, 21:57:04 PM »
Really pretty fabric, @Ravingdoll even if it was a pain. 

maliw

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2018, 10:14:34 AM »
That's lovely and very useful, even if summer is nearly over there's always next year or it will pack to take away.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Samantha

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2018, 10:23:47 AM »
Very nice indeed! Worth the cursing!

Marniesews

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2018, 22:01:17 PM »
Ah well, it's lovely and at least it'll be ready for next spring.

I bought some printed chiffon for a kimono throw-over and still haven't got around to it. It's got a bit of texture so hopefully won't shift around too much but it's definitely not happening now until next year - providing it's not sunk so far down the stash that I entirely forget I have it.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

b15erk

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2018, 09:08:02 AM »
That's lovely RD, definitely going on my list.

After my recent stay in hospital, and my OH's attempt at bringing in clean (not matching) nightwear, I feel the need for some pretties!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Acorn

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2018, 09:40:25 AM »
Haha Jessie - I feel your pain.

When I was unexpectedly in hospital (a lot of years ago now) I told Mr Acorn where my pretty but not overly comfortable nighties were so that he could bring them in.  I told him exactly, to within inches.  He couldn't find them, and brought in a very old, faded, stretched cotton jersey nightshirt.  (I suspect that he simply didn't recognise the pretty nighties as something I'd wear in bed...  >:) )

No matter though, because my Mum brought in a dressing gown of hers that was very pretty, so I could hide what was underneath.

No.  When Mr Acorn arrived that afternoon he was visibly upset because I didn't look like I do at home, so I changed back to my scruffy dressing gown (which, incidentally, I still wear almost 18 years later because it's soft and I like the colours... but not if anyone else might see me.)   :|
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

b15erk

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2018, 09:56:26 AM »
I was mortified to have to leave hospital in this mis-matched attire - or wait several more hours for OH to go home to get me some outdoor clothes.  I opted for leaving immediately, knowing that the next outfit he brought me would be just as awful!  I slipped into the house hopefully unseen by the neighbours!  :S

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.