The Sewing Place

New Hotpatterns shirtdress - DementedFairy, avert your eyes

DementedFairy

Re: New Hotpatterns shirtdress - DementedFairy, avert your eyes
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2017, 09:03:33 AM »
And then you addin the fact that Hot Patterns are CRAP.  Crap patterns, crappier than crap instructions, crappy beyond abysmal customer service [if you can count zero response to multiple contacts as 'service' at all.  I don't.]

I will continue to slam them until my dying day, and they are the only patterns in my life [so far] that I have ever binned, even the uncut ones, to save anyone else from the experience.  Dire.

:angry:
C'est moi!

UttaRetch

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2017, 12:48:25 PM »
I haven't forgotten the titantic battle you had with that jacket and the unsatisfactory outcome you had from 'best Jeremy'.  0_0  0_0 

Ellabella

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2017, 12:53:54 PM »
I disliked the company when I saw that to download a PDF cost as much as sending for a paper copy.

Plus that dress is a mess, really bad pattern.

UttaRetch

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2017, 13:05:59 PM »
The pattern will suit some - skinny minies - but I really posted it for the expected 'Pavlovian' response from DF.  :D

maliw

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2017, 20:25:44 PM »
Sorry me no likeeee, but I have made up a couple of the Hot patterns patterns a few years ago and they were fine.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

BajaSusana

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2017, 14:37:03 PM »
This is a shirt dress? Do you have to untwist it, put it on and then twist it up again? Seems like you need the gangster to help you get it right!

Francesca

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2017, 14:40:20 PM »
Isn't this the same company that pulled a pattern because no one could sew it despite them saying "we can sew it just fine, but whatever, don't write to us about it anymore"

DementedFairy

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2017, 14:43:34 PM »
They are CRAP.  I like their designs, but the patterns are rubbish, the proofreading non existent, the instructions just downright WRONG [god help any beginners that buy these] and their customer service not just non-existent, but into the negative.
Dire.
Do not touch, ever.  If you've managed to make something of theirs successfully, trust me, it's not the usual experience.

The only patterns I've ever binned.
C'est moi!

UttaRetch

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2017, 22:06:54 PM »
Isn't this the same company that pulled a pattern because no one could sew it despite them saying "we can sew it just fine, but whatever, don't write to us about it anymore"

Indeedy, ahem

'... ton of drama, nonsense on PR etc, ...'  0_0   0_0  A graceful withdrawal, not.

Francesca

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2017, 22:09:20 PM »
I really like it, which is a shame. Any other patterns for crossover jumpers?

UttaRetch

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2017, 22:23:57 PM »

Vogue 9111, although it slouchier than the Hot Patterns.

Catllar

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2017, 23:26:55 PM »
My memories of HP are their Marrakech trousers which had to have so many alterations to fit it was like a different pair of pants at the end. I also made a biker jacket from fleece - went in the donate bag. Oh yes - I've got a basic t-shirt pattern from them with several sleeve options and a colour block option? The sleeves are very  narrow but everywhere else is just fine - but then how much fitting does  a t-shirt need?
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Francesca

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2017, 09:19:52 AM »
Vogue 9111, although it slouchier than the Hot Patterns.

Thanks! I'm looking for very slouchy. Trying to make myself a wardrobe for the weekend that is comfy but not so unstylish (like this weekend; leggings and a Star Wars pyjama top. Yes showing my bum to the world. I could not be bothered with jeans!)

b15erk

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2017, 09:34:07 AM »
I love that top, but not to wear 'out', I think it would be really comfy to sleep in....  :|

Oh, and I think DD would like it too.

It's gone on the list!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Francesca

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2017, 09:38:13 AM »
I love that top, but not to wear 'out', I think it would be really comfy to sleep in....  :|

There isn't much of a line between what I wear to bed and what I wear out at the weekends  0_0