The Sewing Place

New Hotpatterns shirtdress - DementedFairy, avert your eyes

b15erk

Re: New Hotpatterns shirtdress - DementedFairy, avert your eyes
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2017, 09:44:03 AM »
Wonder if it would be nice in a woven?  It says moderate stretch.... a nice cool cotton appeals to me....

You're right Fran, when I think about it, the stuff I wear to bed, is a similar style to what I wear day to day.  :|  Yoga pant style bottoms and loose t shirt type tops ..... 

Sorted, I must have this pattern.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Francesca

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2017, 09:47:22 AM »
For me I was thinking I'd like it in a sweater-knit style fabric.

Just bought some that is like a boucle texture, but it's already earmarked for a raglan pattern.

Lyn-J

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2017, 09:50:17 AM »
I've got four HPs but never plucked up the courage to use them  -<

BrendaP

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2017, 10:03:26 AM »
To me both the HP and the Vogue one look to be too big for the 'model' they are on. 

Comfortable for wearing in bed maybe, but I don't think I'll be buying either of them.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Mama likes to make

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2017, 10:19:14 AM »
I think it could be really nice in a very light knit fabric for the summer. Might add it to my vogue wish list and see if there's any fabric in the local shop.
2018 fabric used 12m.
2018 wardrobe items completed 6.

DementedFairy

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2017, 10:42:10 AM »
Please people, listen to Auntie Fairy.  DO NOT buy HP, bin the ones you have.  Style Arc do the same sort of easy living, modern clothes, but the patterns WORK.

Please.

Please.

Ignore at your peril :( :( :( :S
C'est moi!

Samantha