The Sewing Place

[FOR SALE] Elna eXperiance 340 • Coats thread

Mr Twingo

[FOR SALE] Elna eXperiance 340 • Coats thread
« on: August 31, 2018, 13:58:46 PM »
Good day, TSP. I have a few things for sale, that may take your fancy.

ITEM #1: Elna eXplore 340 mechanical sewing machine
Lovely sewing machine, neat stitches, identical to the Janome 525s (Janome owns Elna). Light use, so it's in tip-top minty condition. Comes with hard case, genuine Janome / Elna foot pedal, all original accessories, but no box. Great beginner's machine.

Reason for sale: I am now using a Janome SMD 5018.
OIRO: £120

ITEM #2: Janome 9300DX Overlocker
SOLD

ITEM #3: 102 reels of Coats threads
Yes, I counted them! One hundred and two reels of Coats threads. Mainly for sewing, but a handful of embroidery threads amongst them. A couple have been used, but only a little thread from each. The majority has never been touched. Various reel sizes: mostly 100m with a few 500m. And hardly any repeated colours.

Reason for sale: I no longer require coloured threads.
OPEN TO OFFERS

« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 21:36:54 PM by Mr Twingo »

annieg

Hi are the generic threads polyester?
Annieg

Mr Twingo

Yes, indeed they are. The plastic sheath declares: 120 spun polyester, 914metres / 1000 yards.

HTH.

Surest1tch

If Annie's doesn't want the generic threads I would like them please. I hope your not going to start using clear thread, be warned I knackered a machine up well and truly using that stuff.

annieg

Hi
I won't take the threads thank you so they're all yours @Surest1tch !
  :D
Annieg

Mr Twingo

If Annie's doesn't want the generic threads I would like them please. I hope your not going to start using clear thread, be warned I knackered a machine up well and truly using that stuff.

They are yours, in that case.

I'm sewing mainly leather these days, so I use heavy duty bonded nylon thread.

Surest1tch

@Mr Twingo, have pm'd you.

Surest1tch

@annieg, thank you x

Mr Twingo

OIRO = offers in the region of…

I am always open to offers  :D

Samantha

Did the overlocker get a new home @Mr Twingo?

Samantha

@Francesca oooh what is it and how much?!  :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

wrenkins

I have first dibbs.  0_0
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Samantha

@Francesca thank you! I'm not in any rush - it's only just occurred to me that I *need* one after reading the 5 pages worth of comments on @wrenkins thread. Plus I've been doing some extra work so thought that maybe I should get to spend some of the money on something for me  :D

Mr Twingo

Did the overlocker get a new home @Mr Twingo?

Negotiations are currently under way. So although not technically sold, it is reserved.

Mr Twingo

I have first dibbs.  0_0

@wrenkins I have been trying to PM you. Have you received my messages?