The Sewing Place

Fabric Shops Around The World

wrenkins

Re: Fabric Shops Around The World
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2020, 18:37:29 PM »
https://thesewingplace.org.uk/index.php/topic,10171.msg177375.html#msg177375
@EdTheMaker check out this thread too for nice Indian fabrics. It seems to get some thumbs up.
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

ScubaGirl

« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2021, 15:10:22 PM »
Oh I love browsing through this thread. I am always in different countries and love textile shopping. LOL. I did most of my sewing when I lived in Canada (Ontario), and Tokyo. Some of my favourite shops:

Ontario, Canada - Len's Mill Stores, and FabricLand. Both are pretty big chains across the province. They often have good sales prices.

Tokyo, Japan - Nippori Textile District. So basically get to the Nippori textile district and I really don't need to say much more, the entire district is fantastic. BUT, you have to visit the Tomato Store. (Yes, it's called Tomato...lol). But it's 5 floors of all the textiles....It's quite organized by purpose. You'll find all the athletic/swim together, higher-end silks, satins, suiting, jersey, cotton, bamboo-cotton, cotton lycra, etc... it's got everything.

Hope to find the best shops in Sabah, Malaysia if anyone has shopped for fabric there.

jen

« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2022, 08:32:42 AM »
Tissus de reve are having a flash sale until 30th. I get quite a bit of stuff from them by mail order. I think they’re based in Paris, but do post to the U.K. if anyone is interested. My problem is that once on their site I overestimate what I can get made up, it lies around in that ever growing stash.

Tamnymore

« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2022, 08:55:11 AM »
'Lies around in that ever growing stash' Isn't that normal @jen:laughing:

Peeps might be interested to see that Pound a Metre has just opened a bricks and mortar fabric shop in Bradford - once again affirming the idea that there's a fabric corridor along the M62 from Liverpool to Leeds. Will dig out details and will post.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

jen

« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2022, 21:53:47 PM »
It’s certainly normal for me @Tamnymore. It’s as well I am not near a pound a metre store, I don’t need tempting.

Acorn

« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2022, 22:14:17 PM »
... there's a fabric corridor along the M62 from Liverpool to Leeds. Will dig out details and will post.

Mmm... sounds like a road trip to me!!   0_0   Mr Acorn wants to go to Harrogate and Whitby.  I'm sure that would work!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Tamnymore

« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2022, 08:07:40 AM »
There's Remnant House in Harrogate (and another fabric shop in the vicinity I think) so you've definitely got yourself a roadtrip @Acorn . My favourite was always Fabworks in Dewsbury although it's a while since I've been there. Any any sewist worth their salt has to make a pilgrimage to Immanuel's in Burnley to experience the pound a metre room!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Acorn

« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2022, 11:28:29 AM »
I love Fabworks online - I've had some great stuff from them, and really good customer service.   :thinking:
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.