Renegade Sewist

Re: Undies...
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 01:35:55 AM »
With free shipping even to me!  :angel:
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

BrendaP

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 11:04:34 AM »
Her website is  https://merckwaerdigh.wordpress.com/  where if you dig deep enough there is a huge amount of info.

I have had a couple of kits from her, they were OK but the colours didn't always go together well (to my taste) so it ended up as mix and match with other supplies.  I also found that the strap elastics were a bit narrow/flimsy.  However, you do get everything needed (except wires and pattern) in one kit so it can be a good way to start.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Ploshkin

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 11:34:07 AM »
I've also had a couple of kits.  I found that they didn't include powernet for the wings so I doubled up the cup fabric which was very stretchy and used that.  The fabrics are very nice though and I actually made the bras just in the fabric and didn't use the lace.
I have got one of the bra patterns but fell at the first hurdle.  The cutting instructions  tell you to shorten the midback pattern piece by 2cm if using a C cup and by 4cm if using a D cup.  I was going for a D cup which meant that the band was reduced by 8cm.  As I'm not a drainpipe I really couldn't see how that was right.  I put the pattern away and returned to my tried and tested Watson.

It's not a misprint as it has the same instruction for each of the bra styles.
Life's too short for ironing.

BrendaP

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 16:34:06 PM »
The cutting instructions  tell you to shorten the midback pattern piece by 2cm if using a C cup and by 4cm if using a D cup.  I was going for a D cup which meant that the band was reduced by 8cm. 

It's not a misprint as it has the same instruction for each of the bra styles.

Was it a typo which slipped through?  Shortening by 2mm or 4mm would make a difference to 4mm or 8mm on the band which sounds much more reasonable.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Ploshkin

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2018, 18:11:07 PM »
Was it a typo which slipped through?
That would make sense @BrendaP I didn't think of that.  I've just checked the instructions in case I had read it wrongly but it definitely says cm.  Perhaps I'll e mail and point it out.
Life's too short for ironing.