The Sewing Place

October Knitting and stitching show, Ally Pally

HenriettaMaria

Re: October Knitting and stitching show, Ally Pally
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2018, 13:26:54 PM »
I might be up for it - after all, the train south to Ally Pally starts from my local station!  The problem is I am knee-deep in system testing at the moment and can't see far enough ahead to settle on a date.  If the group booking retains the flexibility of day and gives a discount, count me in.  Otherwise I'll see how things pan out and make a last-minute decision.

Last time I was there I came away with a new work lamp for the sewing space, some Ernest Wright shears (must have been just before the KickStarter campaign in that case), bulk purchases of cotton sewing thread in useful colours, and sore feet!

The week days are quieter than the week ends, despite being fairly stiff with textile student groups.

Iminei

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2018, 17:20:35 PM »
If the group booking retains the flexibility of day and gives a discount, count me in.

Yes ... @HenriettaMaria

Any Day/s! with or without anybody else! £11 per ticket (+ £1.50 P&P per transaction)
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

BrendaP

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2018, 17:58:46 PM »
K&S at Ally Pally is something I go to only occasionally, and only if someone locally is running a coach, which isn't happening this year.

I won't consider driving right through London myself and public transport from here to AllyPally is just not practical.  I'm 10 miles from the nearest station, so thats 3/4 hour to get there, park and walk across to the station - or the same length of time on a bus.  Followed by a train into London and at least two changes of bus/train/tube, possibly with a 500m walk as well.  About three hours travelling plus the waits between connections, and then the same journey home again.

Sorry, but I won't be going this year. :'(

Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Marniesews

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2018, 15:15:45 PM »
I've been away for a few days but it looks like we've not achieved the required number to book as a group. If not, I'll book our tickets in the next couple of days
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Iminei

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2018, 16:43:19 PM »
Yes Sorry! Maybe next year we can hire a charabanc and pick up TSPers on the way! :)

Efemera

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2018, 17:39:52 PM »
I usually go to Harrogate but can’t this year, it clashes with our 4 day craft fair.

Lachica

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2018, 20:21:24 PM »
I will be there with @Fabric Lover on Thursday if anyone wants to meet.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Marniesews

« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2018, 11:59:07 AM »
@Lachica I'm going Thursday too so that would be nice. Shall we swap phone numbers & suggest a time and place?  :)
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Iminei

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2018, 12:33:26 PM »

Lachica

« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2018, 07:31:16 AM »
@Marniesews I sent you a pm. @Iminei thanks.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Marniesews

« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2018, 18:48:25 PM »
I must amalgamate all my lists this evening! As usual it's a very mixed bag and who knows what I'll actually buy. I had several regrets last time so I'm going to be a bit more circumspect this time, I think...perhaps.  ;) :D