The Sewing Place

Bernina 830 Record Back Plastic Panel Cracked

Sewbee

Bernina 830 Record Back Plastic Panel Cracked
« on: September 10, 2018, 17:52:00 PM »
I have mentioned I bought an 830 in immaculate condition recently - seriously it looked as if it just left the factor inside and outside. Well, the cat knocked it on the floor. As a result the panel at the back that has the word Bernina on it has cracked. Also the little silver thing the thread wraps around broke off. I managed to use crazy glue to put the thread thingy back on and to glue the plastic piece BUT being the perfectionist I am, I would like to replace that back plastic panel. That also means the thread thingy would be replaced, too, because it is attached to the plastic panel. This is the ONLY bit of plastic on the outside casing. Is it likely a dealer would have this panel and would it be expensive to replace?

PS I wasnt pleased with Felix for three days and he knew it. I told him if he touched my 830 again he could pack his toys and treats and find somewhere else to live! (Not really but I was p@&*ed!)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 17:58:01 PM by Sewbee »

arrow

Re: Bernina 830 Record Back Plastic Panel Cracked
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 18:13:33 PM »
Very unfortunate accident. I thought cats tiptoed around never doing any harm? (I'm use to dogs, and they can get very active when the play). A 830 weighs more than two cats? I would spend a bit of time on ebay, contact Helen Howes, local repair shops etc. I know machines are parted up. Original replacement parts turn up know and then, I sometimes see new motors, freearm tops, etc turn up. Its mostly a question of time and patience before it turns up.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 18:47:06 PM by arrow »