The Sewing Place

Bernina 570qe - class at Bogod and Company

Sewbee

Bernina 570qe - class at Bogod and Company
« on: September 08, 2018, 22:24:43 PM »
I have had this machine for a year and i have to learn the darned thing in order to sew. Every time i am inspired to sew I remember i need to work through the manual. Grrr! I recently bought a lovely Bernina 830 Record and I did indeed sew! I didn’t have to learn software to sew a straight stitch.

Anyway, I have never taken the class that comes with it. It is actually about six hours at Bogod in London. Is it worth doing?

In the USA, you get a full day and work through a workbook  and add your samples to the book. Is it the same sort of thing?

I looked up rail prices and its about £150 pounds first-class. I thought of going first-class because the ride down is about 4.5 hours. I won’t spend it if the class is not worthwhile.

Has anyone attended a class at Bogod?

Stitchalot

Re: Bernina 570qe - class at Bogod and Company
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 07:02:15 AM »
I attended a class at Bogod a few years ago and it was excellent. It was very comprehensive and you get a manual to which you add samples. I would say it’s worth the cost of getting there. You will definitely learn a lot.

Sewbee

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 07:14:35 AM »
@Stitchalot Thank you. I wasn’t sure what to expect but now I will definitely attend.

Nevis5

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 09:00:13 AM »
I diid this course at Bogod last November. (I also have a 570QE).  I really enjoyed it, there were only two other ladies there so we got lots of individual attention.  Mind you, I didn't have so far to travel.  The other ladies were staying overnight somewhere in London to take in some of the sights to justify the cost I think.

You do learn a lot about your machine - I'd had mine for a few months and not used it much before I went.  I came home with a booklet full of samples, having had a lovely time with other like minded sewing people which is always a joy.