The Sewing Place

Missouri Star, here I come!--Thursday is the day!

WendyW

Missouri Star, here I come!--Thursday is the day!
« on: September 09, 2018, 15:04:44 PM »
My hubby and I are making a trip to Memphis in a couple weeks, and he's agreed to an overnight stop at Hamilton, Missouri, home of the Missouri Star Quilt Company (conveniently placed halfway between our endpoints). It's a tiny town that was saved from extinction by the growth of the company, and they have literally taken over the town with their shops. I get to spend a whole day there!  http://visitmsqc.com/
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 00:19:27 AM by WendyW »

Pearl

Re: Missouri Star, here I come!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 15:45:05 PM »
That looks amazing, @WendyW .  Don't forget to report back; we need ALL the details... and pics.   :fabric: :fabric: :fabric: :fabric: :fabric:

Efemera

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 15:49:01 PM »
That’s fabulous, what a trip. A whole day surrounded by fabric :D.

Fiona M

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 17:16:05 PM »
Hope you've got a big suitcase!

maliw

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 19:33:24 PM »
Oooooh I'm not envious, I'm not, really I'm not ---------------. Seriously, have a wonderful time, I hope the bank balance is healthy before you go because I think it may suffer.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

supergran

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2018, 20:28:12 PM »
I'm so jealous WendyW. I've often thought I'd love to visit Hamilton just to see all those beautiful quilt shops. Have a lovely time and think of us as you immerse yourself in all that lovely fabric.  <3

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2018, 23:58:50 PM »
Yay Wendy. Do e-mail them a few days in advance to let them know you're coming and how excited you are and that you hope you get a chance to meet the family and Jenny. Are you going to be there Sept 20-22 by any chance? It's their 10th birthday and they have a boatload of events listed on their site. Which also means they will be packed, but hey, zillions of quilters? Big fun!

And they will ship your purchases home for you.  :ninja: :devil:
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

WendyW

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2018, 00:36:23 AM »
We will be there a few days after their Birthday celebration, and very happy that we will miss all the extra people. We are both introverts, and crowds are NOT on our list of fun things.  Also the trip will be a high-stress one for hubby (time to find a nursing home for his father) so more reason to not add crowded shopping. Hubby will be stretched thin and short on patience. 

The shipping home is good to know! Last night I was teasing him about taking a cross-country motorcycle trip and hitting every quilting landmark I could find. I told him the stores would probably ship stuff home for us so we wouldn't have to overload the bike. This trip we'll be bringing back my father-in-laws Suburban (huge SUV) so LOTS of room to carry the fabric with us.

Iminei

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2018, 08:09:41 AM »
Its got a live webcam!!!!!

Nothing happening now .... but ... you could tell us when you will be there (at webcam which looks like a restaurant/cafe) plonk hubby and yourself down in front and give us all a wave!!!!!

Not jealous AT ALL!!!!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

WendyW

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2018, 14:40:20 PM »
@Iminei Where did you find the web cam on the website? I can't find it. I don't know if I'll be able to give you a heads up, and the time zones will be a factor, but I'll see what I can do.

fajita

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2018, 16:20:11 PM »
@WendyW scroll down the page that comes up in the link on the first post. Click on 'live link'.

Nobody's having a cuppa outside at the moment.

Iminei

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2018, 17:06:36 PM »
OMG!!!!
Ive just seen a yellow school bus drive down the road ... just like in The Simpsons!!!
OH WOW! Im so made up!!!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Kenora

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2018, 19:13:11 PM »
You're so lucky, Wendy, to be going to MSQC - I must have watched zillions of Jenny's videos on YouTube, so many that I feel I almost know her - and so do tens of thousands of other people too! :)
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

SunnySkies

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2018, 22:31:12 PM »
@WendyW You Lucky Duck! I hope your MSQC visit is everything you hoped. Love the Live Feed on their website. Today it's a cloudless sunny warm afternoon in a Missouri town. Two gentlemen are having beverages on the terrace under an umbrella. Not much traffic on the street. It looks pleasant and relaxing. Don't forget to buy a fat quarter for each one of us.  ;) Karen

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2018, 05:08:07 AM »
Gotta love the webcam. They're 2 hours ahead of me. It's 11 PM there, clear skies and no wind. Lots of lights festooned over the outdoor seating area. A lone light blinks atop a building in the background. Three cars have driven by, all going left to right on the monitor.

We can have a new hobby, posting web cam links and brief descriptions.  0_0
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.