The Sewing Place

Missouri Star, here I come!--Thursday is the day!

WendyW

Re: Missouri Star, here I come!--Thursday is the day!
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2018, 04:34:28 AM »
That picture is us!  It was great shopping trip! I spent WAY too much money, bought fabric for 4 projects (2 quilty, 2 not) and lots of other fun stuff. If you ever get a chance to go, it's worth the stop!

We're home now, and looking forward to sleeping in our own bed tonight after 2 weeks away.

wrenkins

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2018, 07:14:39 AM »
Isn't the world very small?!

Hi @WendyW  0_0

Really???? Only four??????? :o Well done!  0_0
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Iminei

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2018, 08:10:40 AM »
I tried to catch you waving (which you did) but alas my technoskills are just not up to the job ....

You did look a lil discombobulated standing there in an empty square waving at thin air, but do be assured WW and Mr ZZ there were peeps waving back and yelling Hi to you ... (Wot? Only me then ???)

Im afraid MSQC is something most of us can only dream of, even those of us in America I suspect, Ive heard its pretty big!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2018, 10:28:24 AM »
You did look a lil discombobulated standing there in an empty square waving at thin air, but do be assured WW and Mr ZZ there were peeps waving back and yelling Hi to you ... (Wot? Only me then ???)

Im afraid MSQC is something most of us can only dream of, even those of us in America I suspect, Ive heard its pretty big!

Mr ZZ...heeheehee...I caught that too.

MSQC is just a short drive for me. 1813 mi/2918km, so only 26 hours drive time.  ;) Five to six hours air time and under $200 round trip to fly so actually more doable than I thought.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

WendyW

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2018, 16:10:03 PM »
Would you like to see my treasures?

First- two t-shirts.
https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop/detail/68267/missouri-star-quilt-co/missouri-star-quilt-co/press-to-the-dark-side-large-womens-fitted-crew-neck-t-shirt-black
https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop/detail/98318/missouri-star-quilt-co/missouri-star-quilt-co/sewciopath-purple-t-shirt-xl

These other treasures: The eagle pattern was hubby's selection.
MSQC treasures by CraftymamaMN, on Flickr

These fabrics for the baby quilt for my grandson. (Should make his daddy very happy!)
Bronco fabrics by CraftymamaMN, on Flickr

These other fabrics. (I miscounted- 5 projects total.) Dr. Seuss fabrics will be used for charity quilts. Blue feathers will become a blouse for me. The b/w dots and green swirls will be a large part of the hexie Grandma's Garden I've JUST finished making flowers for. The 2 butterfly prints will become a twirly dress for my granddaughter.
MSQC fabrics by CraftymamaMN, on Flickr

Pinkstar

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2018, 16:33:44 PM »
Lovely haul there and I do like the t shirts you linked to  0_0

Stitches

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2018, 16:39:51 PM »
Lovely haul

Kenora

« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2018, 20:56:42 PM »
That quilt is going to look stunning, and the feathers fabric is absolutely gorgeous. :flower: :flower: :flower:
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2018, 21:11:31 PM »
Oh! The first quilt shop haul I've seen online. (Usually I see piles of stuff in the flesh.)

I like your haul. I've got the same seam ripper, that color even.   :toast: The pounce is great and I want those quilty pencils. What is in the tiny squeeze bottle? An applique glue? The fabric. Well, you know, all quilters love all fabric destined for quilty projects. I'll forgive you the Broncos fabric, as I've got some lengths of Raiders, 49ers, and Fresno State football fabrics. That stuffs all territorial/fan based so we forgive each other on it.  :*

You even got a couple of quilty books. Yay you!

WendyW

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2018, 01:16:38 AM »
I'm no Broncos fan myself. I have NO interest in sports unless a local team goes to the playoffs and beyond. My son-in-law is the fan, and since the baby nursery already has two matchy quilts, and the grandson is too young to care, I decided to make the SIL happy. Hubby says I need to mix in a bit of purple and gold (MN Vikings) just for the fun of it.

The pounce is something new to try. I bought a pounce at JoAnnes that was nothing but a dense fabric pillow with chalk powder in it and it didn't work at all. The chalk would NOT come out when I used it, even after I put some holes into the fabric with my seam ripper. Hopefully this one will work better.

The bottle is an applique glue. I've never used it before, but it will be helpful for the aforementioned hexie project so I thought I'd give it a go.

The seam "ripper" is actually not a ripper at all. The white end is a little grabby rubber tip that is supposed to pull out all the thread bits after ripping a seam.

Books are my other love, so I couldn't pass up books with quilting stories!

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2018, 02:35:46 AM »
I know Wendy, we've got to cater to the sports fans among our loved ones.

You should like this pounce. I tried it at the quilt shop and it worked fairly well. Comes in black or white "dust" IIRC.

If you pull the little tool apart you should find a seam ripper inside. I love mine, the thread remover part more than the actual ripper. I keep it in my travel sewing kit.

Iminei

« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2018, 11:22:15 AM »
The seam "ripper" is actually not a ripper at all. The white end is a little grabby rubber tip that is supposed to pull out all the thread bits after ripping a seam.

OOOhhhh Interesting!!!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

wrenkins

« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2018, 11:54:01 AM »
How very fancy.  :loveit:
I use sellotape.  :[
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

WendyW

« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2018, 14:27:52 PM »

@Renegade Sewist  I tried, and if it is, it's very well stuck. I couldn't get it to come apart.

@wrenkins  That just makes too much sense! I use tape for cleaning off a number of things in my sewing room, but never thought about it for this! Oh, well, this will fit in my sewing kit better.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2018, 00:42:40 AM »
Some of them are stuck pretty tight. I think I had to tap on mine, gently mind you, we don't want to break it, near the bottom of the cap part, all around, to break whatever had caused it to grab hold.  Used a table knife handle, a universal tool in my tool box. The ripper itself is pretty sharp. Comes in a larger size and a double ended model. Made by Dritz.