The Sewing Place

Latest haul!

elisep

Latest haul!
« on: September 13, 2018, 11:18:10 AM »
Thought I'd share a few pieces I've bought lately!

Left to right -
A beautiful piece of silk crepe de chine with a feather pattern. This was an absolute find for $20/m - I went back the other day to see if I could get more to use as a lining, sadly it's all sold out. I was planning on making a simple summer dress for work but I've been invited to a wedding in late October so may use it for that instead. Perhaps I can find a style that will dress up for a wedding but down for work!

Cream silk satin, planning to make this up into Burda 6632 with long sleeves.

Dusky blue silk satin for the stash. I bought it to replace a lining in a coat but I'm not sure on the colour for the coat I had in mind. I'll probably keep it in the stash till next winter and use it if I don't find a better option for the coat.

Dark brown sandwashed silk crepe de chine. To make up into a dress for work. Probably a simple shift style with a self-belt.

Left to right
Linen look rayon. Thought this might make a nice summer work dress but now I'm worried I'm going to look like a curtain! Perhaps something like Vogue 9021

3 x Cotton shirting remnants, cream self stripe (hard to tell from the photo). Only just over a metre so it'll probably become a sleeveless shirt.
A lovely teal stripe remnant, ditto to the above.
Blue & White stripe remnant, hoping there'll be enough to make a shirt for horse riding competitions (long sleeve with a "ratcatcher" collar) as it's perfect for my club colours.

I'm hoping for plenty of sewing time over the weekend as the weather is meant to be rubbish!
Stash Busting 2023
Used: 4 metres

Tamnymore

Re: Latest haul!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 11:20:52 AM »
Yum, Yum. Very tasty!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Surest1tch

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 15:39:42 PM »
Lushious

elisep

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2018, 13:25:36 PM »
I love silk too as I'm sure you can tell Francesca! Polyester makes me sweat so I try to use natural fibres where possible.
Stash Busting 2023
Used: 4 metres