The Sewing Place

Company to avoid.

Surest1tch

Company to avoid.
« on: September 13, 2018, 20:45:34 PM »
I've just read about a company called Fabric Wholesale Direct, the lady ordered blue denim and was sent black which was 6" short on the yardage. When she complained she was told it must have been stretched by the cutter and she could have a 15% refund. Definitely one to avoid I would have said unless anyone knows different.

BrendaP

Re: Company to avoid.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 22:16:18 PM »
Trade Descriptions Act - not as described.  100% refund including postage or full replacement.
Brenda.  My machines are: Caroline a Singer 201K-3 born 1940, Thirza a Featherweight 221K born 1949, Azilia a Singer 201K born 1957 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/

Vezelay

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 08:08:49 AM »
I suppose the colour changed in the post 😊. To be fair, I had an order from Minerva once that was a similar amount short and all I got was a refund pro rata for the few inches. Another time they swore they'd sent me "cotton" that was at least 95% polyester. But I've had lovely fabrics from them too, and no more short measures so all is forgiven.

Ploshkin

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 10:04:00 AM »
When I ordered from Doughtys and the piece left was about 3cm too short they phoned and asked me if I still wanted it and knocked a reasonable amount off the price too.
Life's too short for ironing.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 17:41:48 PM »
When I ordered from Doughtys and the piece left was about 3cm too short they phoned and asked me if I still wanted it and knocked a reasonable amount off the price too.
I have had this from Croft Mill as well, they could have just sent it and I probably wouldn't have noticed that it was 5cm short.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet