The Sewing Place

October Knitting and stitching show, Ally Pally

UttaRetch

Re: October Knitting and stitching show, Ally Pally
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2018, 08:38:09 AM »
I normally go.  You just need to find 10 more people.

Marniesews

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2018, 20:43:48 PM »
I'm planning to go on the Thursday again (with the OH so that's 2 tickets). We got our tickets via LittleBird last year thanks to UR's advice.

We're both OAP rate but that's still £3 more each than the group rate if you get enough interest.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Jane

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2018, 21:34:38 PM »
Every year me and Mum think about going but we always say the problem is you need to go with loads of cash in your pocket and when it rolls around I never seem to have enough  :\ @Jane ?

I'd like to. I say that every year. I used to go and I loved it.  13th/14th Oct? I will
Jane (I'll get Fran to sew it)

UttaRetch

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2018, 22:37:14 PM »
I have no money for a big spend, but still go.  Last year, I bought the button spacer from the Lutterloh demo stand and was really pleased.

@Marniesews: nothing from LittleBird this year.  :(

Iminei

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2018, 08:27:21 AM »
Okay ...
I'll do it.

If you want a ticket, please consider getting it from here ....

the cost will be

Adult £11
Child £6.50
+ £1.50 P&P per transaction.

But please register your interest soon so I can see if we will be getting the numbers needed.
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

b15erk

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2018, 10:13:17 AM »
I've just been catching up with some Arne and Carlos Youtube videos, and they will be at the Knitting and Stitching show.  They are so entertaining, and do some beautiful knitting, crochet etc.  I'm sure they would be worth a look.

Jessie

Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Iminei

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2018, 12:13:10 PM »
Yes,  group tickets can be used on any day or multiple days

Iminei

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2018, 15:23:12 PM »
I am unlikely to go ... Why not ask on FB or another forum?

sewmuchmore

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2018, 16:03:32 PM »
@Tamnymore & @Ellabella I'm going to have to look into the Harrogate one. Any idea what the parking situation is like? Last time I was in Harrogate the parking was hopeless, I'd only gone to a runners shop for some trainers, gave up and came home without any.
I'm not a runner I'd broken a metatarsal and was advised by a physio to get some proper supportive trainers.
@Surest1tch I usually go to the Harrogate show and park in West Street multi car park, don't usually have a problem finding a space. But if you miss the turning you end up having to go all the way round Harrogate one way system again.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

UttaRetch

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2018, 16:55:45 PM »
@Francesca: these days a couple of hours is enough for me.  For those less familiar with the show, half a day is plenty.

I normally go on the first day when it's relatively quiet and consequently less hot, but if we can muster the numbers for a group save, Saturday is okay.

Iminei

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2018, 17:35:35 PM »
@UttaRetch ... just because I buy the tickets as a group .... doesnt mean we have to go as a group. You can go on whichever day/s you would like, with or without the other ticket holders.

I found for FOQ it really is the most economical way to visit the show above even the slight discount you get as an exhibitor.

The ONLY proviso is that I must sell 10 tickets or more.

UttaRetch

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2018, 21:05:57 PM »
Thanks for the clarification @Iminei.  Come on Londoners, surely we can drum up 11 bods.

Stitches

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2018, 08:05:21 AM »
Would love to go but have no transport

Samantha

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2018, 09:50:40 AM »
I can't go  :'( I can't do the Saturday or Sunday and am working Thursday & Friday have no holiday left   :'( :'(

toileandtrouble

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2018, 15:41:45 PM »
@Tamnymore & @Ellabella I'm going to have to look into the Harrogate one. Any idea what the parking situation is like?
I think  it is slightly out of town and has its own car park.  Google the conference centre  or whatever they call it.
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m