The Sewing Place

Peter Rabbit Rush for Easter!

b15erk

Peter Rabbit Rush for Easter!
« on: March 27, 2017, 10:20:38 AM »
I intended to make three of these for Easter gifts, but fell by the wayside when I sewed the first one back to front.  I never quite got back into the swing....

So, I thought that by starting this thread, it would jog me along.

First job is to sort out all the bits I've done so far, and then finish sewing Peter 1.

Will update as I progress :)

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Lowena

Re: Peter Rabbit Rush for Easter!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 10:52:16 AM »
Do you have a piccy or a pattern we could see please? Good luck with it B  :flower:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

b15erk

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 11:10:32 AM »
It's the Alan Dart pattern, published in the Woman's Weekly Lowena.  He's very fat and cuddly, but the first one I made was back to front - I managed to get his white tummy at the back!!  So, he had to be unpicked, and has never been re-sewn.

I hope that by doing this thread, it will encourage me to finish these off!!

It worked with the sewing  ;)

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Lowena

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 12:12:08 PM »
Oh, he's really lovely B. I'd love to be able to make him, he's so jolly  :flower:

b15erk

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 09:03:23 AM »
I've been knitting my little fingers sore this weekend, and nearly have the makings of 3 Peter Rabbits!!  Just 1 and a bit jackets to finish knitting, a tummy and a back, a pair of ears, and some carrots/radishes and leaves.

Then I get to sew them all up.....

My fingers are really sore though, not helped by the gardening at the weekend.

I will have these bunnies done for Easter Sunday!

Jessie

Catllar

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 19:21:08 PM »
Of course you will - think positive J!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

b15erk

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 13:03:58 PM »
More gardening and knitting at the weekend, and my fingers are sooo sore!  I'm busy sewing up atm, ears and carrots :(

I won't be knitting for a while after Easter - it's just too painful ;)

One rabbit sewn up, waiting for his buttons and carrots.

The others had to wait awhile as I ran out of cream yarn for the ear linings, the new one isn't a great match, but I couldn't remember where I got the original.  It's just a bit yellowy.....

Back to the ears.....

Jessie

Lowena

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 13:19:19 PM »
Shame they don't spontaneously multiply as they do in real life  :D

Lantana

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2017, 17:58:06 PM »
Well done Jessie .... good for you for soldiering on through sore fingers! They are adorable!  :)

:vintage:

b15erk

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2017, 09:25:02 AM »
Nearly finished with the knitting.  4 eyes, 6 buttons, 3 tails, and a bit of greenery to knit, then onto the assembly.

I did a lot of fiddly sewing up yesterday, mainly ears and carrots (yes, I know they should be radishes, but I didn't have the right colour pink), and loads of greenery - 18 pieces needed!

I will be glad to see the back of this project.  Every time I think I'm on the last lap, there is more to do!

Jessie

Vegegrow

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2017, 13:45:57 PM »
When ever I read the title of this thread I sing this
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

b15erk

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2017, 16:33:51 PM »
Love that song Veg! I often sing it with Lilya when we're in the car (and trying to keep her awake!)

Only got the eyes and buttons left to do.  I say only, I've knitted a dozen up to now, and not even a usable pair yet.

God help me on the buttons - I might decide to use nice shiny ready made ones  :devil:

There's a glimmer of hope that I'll finish these for Easter (not sure which one though!)  ;)

Jessie

b15erk

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2017, 09:04:42 AM »
Progress Report.  Three Bunny bits all done bar 2 eyes and 2 buttons.  The eyes take a long time, and there are a lot wasted.... I have to say though, I think I prefer the knitted ones to the plastic ones I used on the first bunny.

The Carrots took me all last night to assemble, it was a horrible job.

Quite a bit to do, but hopefully, my bunnies will be finished by close of play today.  I've already told OH, that there won't be much work done today :) (again!)

Jessie

Lowena

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2017, 10:35:25 AM »
I hope no one buys you a Gold Lindt Chocolate Easter Bunny Jessie  :D

b15erk

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2017, 10:41:52 AM »
Not the chocolate Bunny Lowena  :'(

I wouldn't say no to one for the pot though :)

Jessie