The Sewing Place

I need to identify a shop!

Acorn

I need to identify a shop!
« on: September 23, 2018, 20:42:38 PM »
Earlier this year I bought a lovely piece of viscose from an online shop.  I would love to get some more, either the same design or the same fabric in a different design.  Unfortunately I cannot figure out where I bought it.  I have searched my emails but can't find any that refer to orders containing viscose.

It came in a ziplock bag that was long and thin, with the folded fabric at one end and the bag folded around the fabric.  Does that ring any bells with anyone?

It was definitely an online shop with its own website, not an Ebay or Etsy seller.  It was definitely not Minerva, whose bags are not ziplock.

For what it's worth, the fabric is navy blue with a deep pink flower, but there are quite a lot of viscoses that fit that description (and the specific fabric may no longer be available), so that's not really of any help.

I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Efemera

Re: I need to identify a shop!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 21:04:44 PM »
The Textile Center?

Greybird

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 22:13:51 PM »
Can't remember what their bags are like, but possibly Regency Rags?

Tamnymore

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 22:29:47 PM »
I've shopped in all those (ahem   ;) ).and can't recall any ziplock bag.  Could you post a photo to see if anyone recognises it @Acorn ?

Alternatively maybe the seller didn't label it as viscose and you might still have the email. I find that Regency Rags don't always know fabric content.... though that wouldn't explain the ziplock bag.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Acorn

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2018, 22:41:19 PM »
I've never shopped with Regency Rags (although I am going straight there for a look!)  It wasn't the Textile Centre - I've checked my orders there.

@Tamnymore - if I was sent an email I will still have it.  I think the seller must not have given details of the order in the email, because I've searched for every term I can think of.

[Edited to add:  Definitely not Regency Rags, it wasn't an Ebay shop.]
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 22:43:50 PM by Acorn »

BrendaP

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2018, 08:07:35 AM »
Fabric Godmother pack their fabrics nicely though I don't recall ever getting a ziplock bag.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

LeilaMay

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2018, 12:19:04 PM »
Can you go though your payment methods - paypal, visa etc and track it that way?

Acorn

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2018, 14:28:52 PM »
I tried that and didn't get anywhere.  I do use Paypal a lot, and I don't know to within 6 months when I bought the fabric, but it might be worth trying again.

toileandtrouble

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2018, 16:16:52 PM »
How about Sherwood Fabrics?
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Acorn

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2018, 10:15:36 AM »
I think I've found it!!!   0_0  Quite by accident, I may say.

It was Sew Essential, and the fabric wasn't described as viscose other than in the description, so it wasn't coming up on a search of my emails, or of their site.

It isn't available any more, but presumably their other viscose fabrics at the same price are likely to be of a similar quality.

toileandtrouble

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2018, 23:01:43 PM »
Had to check that website of course!  I was reading the blog about this seasons trends and I think my skirt fabric was there. The Prince of Wales suiting, and it has been maturing in my stash for some time. Who would have thought I was ahead of the pack?
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m