The Sewing Place

"La Maison Victor" magazine with men's patterns

Sewcycle

"La Maison Victor" magazine with men's patterns
« on: September 27, 2018, 13:41:51 PM »
Hi,

I noticed the new copy of La Maison Victor contains a nice and relatively simple set of men's patterns. It's an all man issue! And I thought to give a heads up to anyone who wanted to sew for Christmas ( or any other reason). They seemed good to me anyway.

I haven't posted my own thread before so hope I have done it right! :o
'Is there a life before breakfast'

annieg

Re: "La Maison Victor" magazine with men's patterns
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 14:00:38 PM »
@Sewcycle   - you have successfully posted  :D
Annieg

Acorn

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 14:09:41 PM »
You have indeed - and in the right place, which isn't a common as you might expect!   ;)
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Tamnymore

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 14:10:32 PM »
Yes you've got it right @Sewcycle:D .As it happens I'd spotted this and have bought a copy - surprisingly found it in my local newsagent - and I  plan to make something for DH from it. I've not seen this magazine before and I'd be interested  to know what kind of wonen's patterns they do.

There are fewer paterns than Burda and the instructions are better - has a less cluttered feel to it.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Sewcycle

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2018, 15:04:50 PM »
Thanks Tamnymore. I riffled through it today at the supermarket. I think I must nip back and get a copy. The men in my life are not much into my sewing though! Perhaps I can change their minds!

Sewcycle

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2018, 15:05:41 PM »
Thanks Acorn! Probably just beginners luck!  :S

Sewcycle

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2018, 15:06:51 PM »
Thanks Annie. I'm on a roll!

Tamnymore

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2018, 15:51:48 PM »
I wouldn't say that DH is all that much into my sewing @Sewcycle but he'll just have to do as he's told!

Ellabella

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2018, 16:48:01 PM »
I bought a copy of La Maison Victor last year as they had some rather nice little boys trousers.

The instruction were good but one of the pattern pieces was incorrectly drafted.  The back leg piece turned out 10cm shorter than the front.

I did check I'd traced it properly and it was an easy correction but it rather put me off.

Tamnymore

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2018, 18:59:53 PM »
Thanks for the warning @Ellabella . I'll check carefully when I use one of their patterns.

Nevis5

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2018, 08:15:56 AM »
Are they available online anywhere?  My little town is absolutely useless for carrying unusual magazines like that.  I managed to get the first issue of LMV when I was at Euston station one day but I'm not struggling down to London just to buy a mag  :devil:   I wanted the next issue but even WHS at Euston failed me that time.

fajita

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2018, 08:21:08 AM »
I've seen it in my local waitrose shop. I've picked it up and put it back about three times now. By the time I finally decide I want it, it will be sold out.

Nevis5

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2018, 09:36:27 AM »
My local Waitrose definitely won't have it.  But I'll check today, just in case a miracle has occurred.  Thank you!

Sewcycle

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2018, 10:31:39 AM »
Nevis5 and Fajita, yes it was the Waitrose I saw it in, and like you, Fajita, it will probably be gone by the time I get there again. I've also seen it in our WH Smith's.

Tamnymore, the men in my life are incredibly fussy! Also I bodge when I sew for me( know I shouldn't but I'm all about the wearing and fit), for them it has to be 'perfect'  >:) So much more time consuming!