Help! Fabric marker disaster.

jesster

Re: Help! Fabric marker disaster.
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2018, 13:31:30 PM »

Esme866

Re: Help! Fabric marker disaster.
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2018, 16:16:01 PM »
So glad you had success! 

I use conte pencils or white charcoal pencils almost exclusively. These have no oil base,can hold a sharp point and have never marked anything permanently. I've read the instances of frixion pen marks returning in icy temps.(Run out to your auto for something in January and arrive back in the office with "X" marks the spot on the breast points of your shirt. :|)

Many years ago, my first brand new auto, two weeks old, had nice quality 100% nylon pale gray carpet. Two blocks from home, I took a turn a bit quick and my full bottle of open orange soda emptied onto the passenger side floor. Got home and used several clean white bath towels to soak up all of the moisture. Figured I could bleach them clean.  Imagine my shock when I lifted the towels to find them wet - yet snow white.  The orange food color had permanently bonded to the nylon immediately - and nothing would remove it.  We have no way of knowing what kind of chemical reactions can occur with any synthetic fabrics and colorings or even with the various processes used to finish natural fabrics.

I'll even use a #2 or HB pencil in a pinch - and have yet to have a removal issue.