The Sewing Place

Innovis XP1

sewmuchmore

Innovis XP1
« on: October 02, 2018, 16:52:25 PM »
Watch the video and then tell me if I am buying a sewing machine or a car. Brother site
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Acorn

Re: Innovis XP1
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 16:59:07 PM »
Eeesh.  I think the message is that the sewing machine is the car for Grandma - or that Grandmas have sewing machines instead of cars.   ><
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

calico

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 17:58:57 PM »
£11.000 for a  sewing machine   :o

sewmuchmore

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 18:24:16 PM »
£11.000 for a  sewing machine   :o
@calico I am not really buying, I just went to the site to download an embroidery design and thought I would see what's new. I would want the car and the machine for that sort of money.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

sewingj

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 19:35:00 PM »
I trust we all smile continuously when we are sewing!

(and the Grandpa I am married to doesn`t look a bit like that)

wrenkins

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2018, 07:26:44 AM »
I had a friend 'in advertising'. He said that the reason I find ads (and videos like that one) so awful is because they are devised by twenty somethings who have no idea beyond their own experiences.
Another friend had to contact Thornton's about a 'Santa spoiler alert' during a childrens' film she was watching.  :o
My advertising friend also said "you want to see the ads that don't make the cut"!
I really really don't!  ><
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Iminei

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2018, 08:12:08 AM »
GAH! (said in my very best Demented Fairy)

How absolutely patronising is that!

How BEAUTIFUL/CLEAN/PERFECT is their home/car/clothes/faces/hair/bodies ????

Ive never even owned a car that cost more than £1500 (or a machine, sewing, embroidery or otherwise)

I wonder if we can get timings for that design to stitch itself out (Oh! and wrap itself up so perfectly) against the short car journey to the Exalted Elders with the perfect fashion/Interior design sense????

The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Efemera

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2018, 08:29:39 AM »
Ugh, what a vomit inducing ad. :x

Acorn

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2018, 08:39:05 AM »
I had a friend 'in advertising'. He said that the reason I find ads (and videos like that one) so awful is because they are devised by twenty somethings who have no idea beyond their own experiences.

So the message is 'We've got to sell this sewing machine thingy, which is, like, really, really boring.  I know!  We'll make them think it's, like, exciting - compare it to a car!!'

(Yes, I know I sound as thought I'm out of date with my use of 'like', but that's because I am out of date.)
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Nuttywife59

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2018, 09:13:58 AM »
That must be one of the worst adverts going. whoever came up with that one needs shooting.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2018, 09:39:12 AM »
So, it's an advert, and there's something about cars in it - I'm not even going to watch it! 

There, that'll make them realise how wrong they get their ads  0_0

Ploshkin

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2018, 11:30:08 AM »
Well, I didn't learn much about the technical spec from that.  I'll go and buy something else.
Life's too short for ironing.