The Sewing Place

Wild Ginger Software Pattern Master

annieg

Wild Ginger Software Pattern Master
« on: October 05, 2018, 15:47:18 PM »
Hi,
Does anyone have any knowledge/experience of this product.
I'm wondering if its worth buying ?
Annieg

ambro0

Re: Wild Ginger Software Pattern Master
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 23:55:47 PM »
I have used both PMB and PMK for thirteen years. I love it!!

A friend of mine is currently considering the purchase and she has decided to start off by buying one of their ePatterns and see what sort of fit she gets. This includes the free Pattern Viewer download that you will need to work with the pattern.

You can also download the Free Trial from their website and have a play. The only thing you can't do using the free trial is to print out a pattern. So for that reason alone, I suggest you also purchase an ePattern. This enables you to type in your measurements, get assistance for taking measurements and fitting by email and printing out your pattern.

You can also participate in their user forum - there is lots of historical information there although not many people actively asking questions these days.

NAYY but I had a snoop around on their website last night to be able to engage in discussion with my friend.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 02:01:58 AM by ambro0 »
Annette

Bernina Aurora QE440, Bernina 1150MDA Overlocker, Janome Coverpro 1000 CPX, Elna Air Electronic SU

annieg

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 08:29:32 AM »
@ambro0   Thank you - excellent idea of trying an epattern.  I'll see how that goes.
Annieg

ambro0

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 02:21:55 AM »
@annieg

An update for you. My friend bought the Jeans pattern yesterday. Luckily, before she stuck the pattern pieces together, she discovered that she should have purchased the basic pants pattern. From this, she will make her sloper, mark the Horizontal Balance Lines, insert a zipper and take photos and get fitting advice if required. Only then, once she has the fit right will she go on to make up the Jeans.
Annette

Bernina Aurora QE440, Bernina 1150MDA Overlocker, Janome Coverpro 1000 CPX, Elna Air Electronic SU

crafter

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 00:14:02 AM »
I used to use it for bridesmaid dresses.  Same style, lots of different sizes.  Worked well, don't know why I stopped.

ambro0

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2020, 23:07:00 PM »
Sad to say that I just discovered that the Wild Ginger User Forum on their website has been removed due to lack of interest.
Users can still engage in conversations on their Facebook Page and the WG Users FB Page.
I did notice that the WG WIKI Library is still on their website and hopefully, users can still email in their help requests to support.

Great to see that this site is still as busy as ever!!
Annette