The Sewing Place

This week's sewing project - blinds

crafter

Re: This week's sewing project - blinds
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2018, 21:40:16 PM »
Somehow had to thread it up while hiding behind it. 

@toileandtrouble,  I cord up mine whilst its on the table.  Lay the blind out fully extended and put the cords through from being fully extended from the cassette.  Secure the cord to the lowest rod (not the bottom batten), then pull the blind up fully.  (Might be a two handed job.)  Usually the cords are all the right length and just need cutting off or securing.  Having the toggles makes this job really easy.  If they are not just right then tighten the cords to its highest position.  I am so confident of this being accurate that this is where I used to say goodbye to my blinds at this stage and send MrC off to install them on his own.  I.e. foolproof!
A perfectionist never achieves perfection.  If perfection was achieved, then the standard was not set high enough.

toileandtrouble

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2018, 22:36:23 PM »
I tried to follow the instructions!  There's that pesky little screw at the chain end, wasit easy to do afterwards? Probably easier than the cording.
When I make them from scratch  I always cord them up first.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 22:40:10 PM by toileandtrouble »

crafter

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2018, 23:06:58 PM »
@toileandtrouble. Pesky is a nice word for those screws!  Yes I release it as soon as I use the cassette and before I attach the blind.  Moving it determines where the outside cords will go.  Very often I would like them wider but I don't think you can do much about it.  Usually do it so the cassette is flat and the screws looking up at you.  I think MrC uses a magnetic screwdriver in case the screw tries to escape.
A perfectionist never achieves perfection.  If perfection was achieved, then the standard was not set high enough.

Seweasy

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2018, 11:05:19 AM »
@crafter , I used the same video to make roman blinds,too.... 0_0 Its a good video, as you say lots of hand sewing but you get a good finish from the front view too. Love the fabric you chose for your blinds and what a great window space, with a perfect solution, sectional blinds..... :)

However I now feel guilty... :(....despite making blinds for my sons house .... I have still yet to make a blind for my own kitchen, that was newly fitted almost three years ago...... :| :| Time to get on with them, me thinks... -<
I'm so much better at buying fabric, than  I am at using it up....