The Sewing Place

This week's sewing project - blinds

toileandtrouble

Re: This week's sewing project - blinds
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2018, 22:36:23 PM »
I tried to follow the instructions!  There's that pesky little screw at the chain end, wasit easy to do afterwards? Probably easier than the cording.
When I make them from scratch  I always cord them up first.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 22:40:10 PM by toileandtrouble »
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

crafter

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2018, 23:06:58 PM »
@toileandtrouble. Pesky is a nice word for those screws!  Yes I release it as soon as I use the cassette and before I attach the blind.  Moving it determines where the outside cords will go.  Very often I would like them wider but I don't think you can do much about it.  Usually do it so the cassette is flat and the screws looking up at you.  I think MrC uses a magnetic screwdriver in case the screw tries to escape.

Seweasy

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2018, 11:05:19 AM »
@crafter , I used the same video to make roman blinds,too.... 0_0 Its a good video, as you say lots of hand sewing but you get a good finish from the front view too. Love the fabric you chose for your blinds and what a great window space, with a perfect solution, sectional blinds..... :)

However I now feel guilty... :(....despite making blinds for my sons house .... I have still yet to make a blind for my own kitchen, that was newly fitted almost three years ago...... :| :| Time to get on with them, me thinks... -<
I'm so much better at buying fabric, than  I am at using it up....