The Sewing Place

I found myself in Hereford this morning...

fajita

I found myself in Hereford this morning...
« on: October 05, 2018, 13:33:51 PM »
And I set the satnav to find just happened to come across Doughtys factory shop. It would have been rude not to stop.

Acorn

Re: I found myself in Hereford this morning...
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 13:56:56 PM »
Mmmmm... I'm going to be in Hereford tomorrow, but I suspect I won't have time to visit.  Which will be very rude of me...   ><

Did you wander round the batik section?  I was completely dazzled and befuddled.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

fajita

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 14:02:17 PM »
I was on my own so I wandered round everything, even the dressmakers fabrics upstairs. So much choice. I was like a kid in a sweetie shop.

But son wants a dressing gown making and it went out of my mind, so I may need a return visit soon.

Missie

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 15:09:47 PM »
Hmmmm, Hereford is not generally a place one just happens to find oneself..........are we spinning a yarn by any chance  >:) :D  Love Hereford although it is some years since I've been and never to Doughty's!

justpottering

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 15:33:42 PM »
Hereford is lovely and is in my back yard as it were, and the drive there is wonderful - until you actually get to Hereford that is, it is one of the places that I really dislike driving in which puts me off going there unless i) I absolutely have to or ii) DH offers to drive me there  :S

JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

Acorn

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2018, 15:39:47 PM »
Yes - when we lived near Hereford we were constantly puzzled by the traffic.  It would be fine one day, and completely snarled up the next, with no apparent reason.  You couldn't second guess it because it didn't seem to be dependent on the time or the day of the week.

I gather the bypass is going ahead now, so that will presumably make a difference.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Surest1tch

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2018, 15:43:34 PM »
Too far for me

fajita

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2018, 16:13:15 PM »
No real 'porkies', @Missie. My son works there and missed his train, and as its my day off and there is Doughtys I offered to drive him.

I'm just a saint  :angel:

Missie

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2018, 16:57:36 PM »
@Fajita   0_0

BrendaP

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2018, 20:41:20 PM »
If only it wasn't so far away!  I've only ever seen Doughty's at a road show, and as the local ones are organised by P&Q groups it's only P&Q stuff they bring.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Nevis5

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2018, 09:32:07 AM »
Ooh one of my best friends lives near Hereford....... time for a friendly visit methinks  ;) :devil:

Lowena

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2018, 09:33:46 AM »
I love Hereford and I love Doughtys.......especially their batiks  <3
Triumph of hope over experience :D