The Sewing Place

Bluprint Free Week on Now!

Renegade Sewist

Bluprint Free Week on Now!
« on: October 07, 2018, 10:36:56 AM »
Just checked my e-mail and there is a free "Get Started Event" at Bluprint this week. To refresh you, this is Craftsy's new version of Craftsy Unlimited. Go to Bluprint Home page and all classes are free to view only this week, through Friday, October 12. No codes or anything.

The fine print:
The Get Started Event ends on October 12, 2018 at 11:59PM Eastern Time. The Get Started Event is only available online at mybluprint.com and is not supported in the Bluprint App, Roku, or X1. Materials and patterns are not available for download during The Get Started Event. Class discussions are also not available during The Get Started Event.

I don't know if this works for you across the Pond but the other North American Peeps can surely watch.

I had previously done a trial 2 weeks or something for $1, so when I logged in everything was right where I left it!

Hope this is useful for some of you!
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Fiona M

Re: Bluprint Free Week on Now!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 10:47:58 AM »
I had an email about this, but in the small print I noticed that pattern downloads and class discussion are not included in the free trial.  I kind of understand about the patterns, but surely the class discussion is an essential component?

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 20:13:41 PM »
Not at all. I've bought some classes on "original" Craftsy and had either a 2 week or 30 day full trial of Craftsy Unlimited. Neither time did I feel any desire to participate in any discussion. I have looked at some of the discussions but for many of the older classes the instructor no longer participates in the discussion and the better discussions happened long ago. Now many of them are total newbies, asking very basic sewing questions, many of which barely related to the course. Others were people asking questions and getting answered by classmates with no more experience on the subject then the person asking.

During my Unlimited trial they allowed downloading of materials and believe me, I went to town with that. So now, a couple of the classes I plan on watching this week I have the corresponding materials. One, Bev Johnson's undies/ knickers making class I've watched before and finally am ready to try so this is well timed for me.

Go ahead and take a look. It's completely without obligation. No credit card needed. You can access as much as you like and at midnight US Eastern Time you simply lose access. If you are actually watching a class at that point it will let you finish the lesson you are on, then poof.

They are hoping this free viewing will entice some new subscribers. My understanding is they are not getting the onslaught of subscribers they had anticipated.

Sewingsue

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 21:10:20 PM »
I have bought classes from Craftsy (and even watched some of them) but not for a while.

I probably should have read the email, but do you have to subscribe to Craftsy now instead of just buying individual classes.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2018, 22:38:11 PM »
@Sewingsue  they have two models now. The original Craftsy classes where you buy them and own them. Then they started Craftsy Unlimited, a subscription based version of same where you pay a monthly subscription fee, about $15 USD and can watch what ever you like, whenever, but you don't own anything. They have monthly and yearly prices.

Last year NBCUniveral  paid $230 million USD for Craftsy. They renamed the Subscription model Bluprint. They've added a bit of new content all aimed at young people, geared for viewing on devices and often shorter more abbreviated forms to appeal to the person on the go.

One other change is all teachers had to sign a new contract and many chose not to, so many of the old classes have disappeared from everyone unless you had purchased it. The teachers on Bluprint are now paid based on how many minutes there class is streamed. There is a monthly income stream and you get a percentage. More classes, more viewing the more they make.

Sewingsue

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2018, 22:47:01 PM »
 Thanks @Renegade Sewist  that makes sense.
It will probably have changed again by the time I work through the courses I have and think about adding to them  ;)
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2018, 18:46:13 PM »
Such a busy week for me I never had a chance to watch a darn minute of it. Finally had time at 9 PM last night-which was exactly when it ended. Oh well.....