The Sewing Place

Kitchenette pajamas

b15erk

Re: Kitchenette pajamas
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2018, 09:36:26 AM »
My mum used to have one of those, but it was green.

Where do you change these pyjamas anyway?  Is there a special pyjama changing room, before you change before going into the appropriately named room..... Lounge, Kitchenette, Bathroom, Utility....

I'm still coming to terms with pyjamas being worn to do the weekly shop.  :S  Walks away shaking head....  :S

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

StitchinTime

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2018, 09:38:39 AM »
It would seem from the penultimate paragraph of this article that kitchenette pajamas are not just for the house - anyone for flower gardening, boating or the beach?

Iminei

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2018, 09:45:43 AM »
Montgomery Ward !!!!!

A lot of the (imo) excellent Stephen King Book 11/22/63 is set within distance of a MW warehouse and I had trouble understanding what MW was ...

Thank you, thank you, thank you SIT xxx
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Tamnymore

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2018, 16:30:50 PM »
That cupboard thing looks very familiar as does the china therein! I'm a child of the 60s!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

BrendaP

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2018, 23:47:19 PM »
That cupboard thing looks very familiar as does the china therein! I'm a child of the 60s!

My Granny had one of those cupboard thingies - I vaguely remember its arrival mid 1950s.  I'm pretty sure though though that she never wore pyjamas anywhere, let alone in the kitchen!  PJs were for men.   
Kitchen wear then was a cross over apron, rather like this.  It was worn in other rooms and as far as the garden but never any further.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.