The Sewing Place

soft leotard linig

Alangus

soft leotard linig
« on: March 29, 2017, 13:39:46 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm from the sewing forum and its so nice to find so many of you here. I missed it so much.
Im looking for a kind of swimwear/leotard/lingerie lining - it is very thin an dsoft with a kind of brushed cotton feel. Its actually not very nice to work with and sticks toyour hands if they are dry! But I like it as a lining for the top half of leotards becuase it is very thin and soft. Anyone any idea what it is called or where to get it. I can't remember where I picked mine up from.

Alangus.

b15erk

Re: soft leotard linig
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 14:24:11 PM »
AG welcome!  Glad you found us!

I know exactly the fabric you mean, I used it to line a swimming costume I made.  I'll have a look in my local fabric shop on Saturday to see if I can see what it's called.  Don't hold your breath though, as a lot of what they sell is roll ends.

But, finger crossed!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Catllar

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 18:34:38 PM »
It's not what was called "stockinette" is it?
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Marniesews

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 01:04:09 AM »
Hi Alangus, nice to hear from you.  :)

I use a thin nude lycra that I got from Mo's Fabrics in Rugby quite some time ago and still have a fair bit left. They were selling off a lot of their lycra as they were moving from dance fabrics to cottons so I'm not sure if they have any now.

Mine may not be quite as thin as you had before so I think this Skin Thin Stretch Swimwear Lining  may be more what you're after. No nude but baby pink or another colour toning to your fabric might be fine.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Seam Stress(ed)

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 11:33:37 AM »