The Sewing Place

Lack of interest

Tiggy

Lack of interest
« on: March 29, 2017, 15:20:50 PM »
I went shopping with the Yorkshire Spoolettes,  #sewdowndewsbury, and I bought some lovely stuff.  I had shirts and blouses planned.  I was going to make one of those Marci Tilton mix and match T shirts, and I have 4m of coral wool ponte.  Just can't see what that could be. 

I look though my patterns and can't make my mind up, or I do, but then change it.  Or, I just sit there looking.

I am going to assume that this something to do with the surgery.  But I'm not enjoying it.
Pfaff Creative 4.5 ,  Babylock Gloria
Janome 3800QE

Tamnymore

Re: Lack of interest
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 15:51:54 PM »
Ahhhh Janette aka Tiggy - very nice to see you here. I remember talking to you about a possible Dewsbury trip some time back on TSF. I think we've both been to Dewsbury for a bit of fabric therapy at various times!! Put your lack interest down to your knee surgery - I'm sure your sewjo will return in due course. Lots of great chat here on TSP to cheer you up.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Efemera

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 17:36:23 PM »
Don't do anything when you feel like that... you won't be happy with anything... go sort out some stash drawers or your patterns.

Snippet

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 18:41:48 PM »
Aww, poor you!

We all lose our sewing mojo at some point - so many patterns....so much fabric....where to start...

I usually find that a couple of days away from sewing, followed by a quick easy make usually gets me back on track again.

Hang in there, you'll be back to it in no time!  :flower:

Missie

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 19:55:23 PM »
I was going to make one of those Marci Tilton mix and match T shirts, and I have 4m of coral wool ponte. 

OOh, may I ask where you got that from.  That is something that is right up my street!

Hope your mojo returns soon!

Tiggy

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 20:05:39 PM »
I got the ponte from Fabworks.  I live too close to that place for comfort.
Janome 3800QE

Catllar

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2017, 22:15:20 PM »
Your mojo will return.  You've too much on your mind at the moment. Give yourself space and time. :flower:
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

DementedFairy

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2017, 14:18:33 PM »
I have 4m of coral wool ponte.  Just can't see what that could be. 

How about Vogue 9145?  It doesn't state ponte as an option on the packet, but I went for it, and it worked brilliantly!
https://thedementedfairy.wordpress.com/2017/01/11/sleevey-wonder-fairy-style/

C'est moi!

Tiggy

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2017, 18:49:41 PM »
That is an amazing dress, you have done a beautiful job there.
Janome 3800QE

DementedFairy

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2017, 19:04:42 PM »
That is an amazing dress, you have done a beautiful job there.
mine?
If so, thanks muchly missus...it will get its first outing in a fortnight, as we attend the first funeral of the year...you need to dress sharp for a Jamaican do!
C'est moi!

Catllar

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2017, 19:56:24 PM »
mine?
If so, thanks muchly missus...it will get its first outing in a fortnight, as we attend the first funeral of the year...you need to dress sharp for a Jamaican do!

Huh? A fortnight  to wait before a funeral?? Is that normal in the UK?? Here you're dealt with in less than 48 hours!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Tamnymore

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2017, 20:04:04 PM »
A funeral.in the UK could well be a week, 10 days or more after someone has passed away. Relatives and friends may have to come from a distance and there is the question of making the arrangements with the crematorium etc. These establishments are often very busy.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

UttaRetch

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2017, 20:13:32 PM »
...you need to dress sharp for a Jamaican do!

Indeed you do.

Huh? A fortnight  to wait before a funeral?? Is that normal in the UK??

It could be much longer than that.  My Mother's cousin has just died and the family are looking at a date in May - there are a couple of bank holidays this month that is disrupting planning of the funeral.

Vegegrow

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2017, 21:14:02 PM »
When my Dear Pa died nearly 3 years ago we couldn't sort a funeral within 10 days so as 3 Granddaughters then had major exams GCSE and A level's we didn't bury him until a month later as Mum said 'that's what he would have wanted'
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

DementedFairy

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2017, 21:28:07 PM »
Yep, the delay here is to allow time for people to get over from the USA, Canada, Jamaica etc.  I've never known a delay of more than a week or so for most of my own family, but we're all locals!
I'll need a weekend to get over it too probably, the drinking is likely to be outrageous.  But there will be curried goat, oh yeah!
C'est moi!