The Sewing Place

I went to the Knitting and Stitching Show and bought....

Starryfish

I went to the Knitting and Stitching Show and bought....
« on: October 12, 2018, 13:35:29 PM »

Some cotton jersey in a blue pattern, some navy wool jersey. Gold and silver elastic and gold buttons.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 13:42:05 PM by Starryfish »
A day without sewing is a day wasted.

Starryfish

Re: I went to the Knitting and Stitching Show and bought....
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 13:41:10 PM »
I also bought silk wool lining and metallic mid blue linen.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Sorry for two posts but my phone wouldn't let me post two pics in one post.
Any way it was a tiring day but there was a lot of fabric. More stalls selling dressmaking fabric than I have seen before.
I couldn't resist the metallic elastic, and the metallic linen was just what I have wanted for the last few summers. It will go into stash until next summer. The navy jersey will become a Style Arc Meghan jacket, the silk wool lining is for my Chanel jacket as are the buttons. They came from an Italian company who make their own.

I may make a plisse skirt or trousers and use one of the elastics on them.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 13:48:12 PM by Starryfish »
A day without sewing is a day wasted.

SkoutSews

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 15:23:28 PM »
Now that's a good haul!  What's more, it all matches, almost as though it were planned.....

Did you enjoy the Show?  I had thought I might go down to Harrogate, but if I don't go I could buy a lot of fabric with the money saved from travel etc.   -<

Tamnymore

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 15:56:44 PM »
Yum Yum. Good haul @Starryfish . I'm tempted to go to the Harrogate show this year.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Acorn

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 16:11:38 PM »
Very nice - I particularly like that cotton jersey.   :)
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Lachica

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 18:22:48 PM »
I also went and met the lovely @Marniesews with her husband for tea and chat. I bought black velvet (washable) for bodice of toddler dress, sparkly stretchy glittery (which will probably drop glitter all over everywhere) for the skirt. Grey scarf with silver trees. AND a tonertex glitter/foil kit which I don't need or really have a use for, but I fancied playing. Fabriclover also got a good haul & we enjoyed the day. There were loads of fabric stalls but as usual when there is so much choice, I end up not buying much. The exhibitions of embroidery & textile art were very impressive. It was my first time and I'll go again next year.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Marniesews

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2018, 00:10:01 AM »
It really was lovely to meet you both at the show @Lachica and @Fabric Lover and some interesting with your friend Gabrielle too. I've been thinking about that sequin skirted dress ever since!

I spent more than I should (Lachica I told you Ken's plan was far from foolproof, he's an unwitting enabler really as he reminded me before we left that I'd forgotten to get the Tailor's Pressing Board & Clapper!) but the greatest excitement both buying and just looking was definitely bead related. We were so pleased to see the wonderful Diane Bates there again. Sadly she didn't have the encrusted faux leotard with her this year but we did have another long, informative and entertaining chat - the autographed book showing her work has pride of place below. The fabulous Emma Wilkinson inspired me with her use of seed & bugle beads too gave me lots of ideas and lovely chat about beading on latin dance dresses.

My bead related buys                                                                                Detail on hat by Emma Wilkinson
+ the magnifying lenses needed to see the tiny ones
& pens because I just like them
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Marniesews

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2018, 00:22:17 AM »
Silly me, this is on Fun with Fabric! I only bought one piece, an African print from Urbanstax. For those of you on Instagram, do check out their recently posted chair upholstered in one of their fabrics or here on Facebook.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Tiggy

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2018, 17:38:17 PM »
I'm going to the Harrogate Show, and looking forward to it mightily.   :loveit:
Pfaff Creative 4.5 ,  Babylock Gloria
Janome 3800QE