The Sewing Place

Freebie software issues.

Tiggy

Freebie software issues.
« on: October 12, 2018, 20:20:24 PM »
I bought a Pfaff Performance 4.5 and love it to bits.  So much easier than the Janome500e.  No snapped threads, easy to load, a working needle threader.....  wonderful.
So I have figured it all out, well, what I have wanted to do so far.  It’s capable of so much.
But!
Downloading the complimentary software from the Pfaff website is a nightmare.  It seems to download well at first, but when you check the modules are there, it turns out that the essential ‘plug-in’ to allow the machine to talk to the computer does not download.  I have uninstalled this software and reloaded it 4 times.  And all of a sudden, the plug-in has loaded!  Miracles.

I want to embroider sweatshirts for the kids for Christmas.  I usually buy them ready made with logo’s.  so I found the designs I want on Urban Threads and Embroidery Library.  Reputable companies.  I have tried transfering the designs by usb and the machine can’t read them.  Same result when I link the computer to the machine.  The usb has been checked by the dealer and it’s ok.  However, when the shop loaded a design onto the stick, my machine could read it.  So it’s a software issue.

Has anybody else had problems with this complimentary software from Pfaff.  (Pfaff Premium +)
Pfaff Creative 4.5 ,  Babylock Gloria
Janome 3800QE

Lachica

Re: Freebie software issues.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 21:46:42 PM »
I have a Creative 3 and never have any problems uploading designs. I order them as .VIP files, download them to my husband's laptop then transfer to usb stick. I also have some that I bought for my Janome and the Pfaff reads those too. You need to go back to the dealer, you have a 5 year warranty.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Tiggy

Re: Freebie software issues.
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 14:17:28 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion about going back to the shop. That's what I did this morning and it's all sorted.  It's the complimentary software from Pfaff.....

When I download a design, I save it as VP3, as recommended, but the program changes it to VP4.  Which my machine doesn't read.  So when I download, I have to check the extension to make sure it's VP3 and change it if needs be.  Handy tip for anybody else having this issue.
Pfaff Creative 4.5 ,  Babylock Gloria
Janome 3800QE