The Sewing Place

Sew Today

Gernella

Re: Sew Today
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2018, 15:29:49 PM »
I think I've deleted a link to my account with Sew Direct and can't find it.  So I've had a look at the new site and I am not impressed.

Jumps around like a cat on hot coals, if you specify a particular brand you seem to get everything and I don't want to wade through their entire catalogue before I get to what I want.  If you specify 'tops', you get everybody's tops and I don't want to wade through sludge.  May be it's just me being miffed (and grumpy) because it has changed, I got on very nicely with the other site and when something works well I don't like change.

Oh and another hate that a lot of sites do, you are looking at something and suddenly a box drops with information you don't want.

P S What we want on this site is a grumpy cat on the above icons.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Tamnymore

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2018, 15:51:31 PM »
I've only looked at it on my phone so far @Gernella but I was able to pull down a menu with brand names and pattern types within it.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 15:53:20 PM by Tamnymore »
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

BrendaP

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2018, 21:14:47 PM »
I too seem to have deleted, or been deleted from, the account with the Sew Direct website.  All I'm subscribed to is the electronic newsletter.

I've recently been thinking that I haven't had a Sew Today magazine for a while. so I've just checked my bank account and the quarterly Direct Debits were taken 4/12 2017 and 2/3/18 and nothing since!  I think I might just cancel that DD instruction with the bank, and then if/when I decide to subscribe again I'll try with a different email address and maybe get another couple of freebie patterns.  Hmmm!

Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Greybird

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2018, 22:48:37 PM »
I have just commented on this on SewingJ's thread.

toileandtrouble

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2018, 04:52:08 AM »
You have to go in via the three dot menu. Then you get brands, categories etc
 First  I tried clicking on Vogue, got 'best sellers', which seems a pointless category to me, looked at skirts and got a mishmash.
Some pictures too big for my screen. Enormous banner at the top which is pretty useless. Ordering looks a bit of an improvement but haven't tested it yet.
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

BrendaP

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2018, 09:36:50 AM »

I've recently been thinking that I haven't had a Sew Today magazine for a while. so I've just checked my bank account and the quarterly Direct Debits were taken 4/12 2017 and 2/3/18 and nothing since!  I think I might just cancel that DD instruction with the bank, and then if/when I decide to subscribe again I'll try with a different email address and maybe get another couple of freebie patterns.  Hmmm!

Well it's taken me four days to get that DD cancelled!

Every time I went into online baking and tried to delete it I got an error message of 'page not found'.  I know the bank are doing major updates on their website, so that's why I've given it a few days, but I've just telephoned the bank and spoken to a real live person.  Seems the problem was not the bank's website, but some sort of 'corruption' in the recipient's (Butterick's) file!  The woman I spoke to couldn't delete it in the usual way but had to block it in some other way.

Anyway it's done now and I might, or might not, re-subscribe at some time in the future, but certainly not until I'm certain that they have sorted out all their problems.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Greybird

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2018, 09:43:03 AM »
We seem to have 2 different threads running on the same subject - this one and the one headed "Sew Direct"

Greybird

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2019, 10:13:58 AM »
Having cancelled my subscription several weeks ago, I have just received the latest issue of the magazine!