The Sewing Place

Craft for Crafters show

Iminei

Craft for Crafters show
« on: October 18, 2018, 11:20:22 AM »
Yesterday I put my hand up for a free ticket to the Craft for Crafters show being held this week in Shepton Mallet ... I googled it and found it was only an hour away and thought well I can do that!

Well it hasnt arrived today .... but the things that I was expecting to arrive yesterday have, so Im expecting it tomorrow and shall go either tomorrow, if the post gets here early or on Saturday ...

Is any one else going ???
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Iminei

Re: Craft for Crafters show
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 10:41:44 AM »
I had a great day yesterday at the Crafter4Crafters thingy in Somerset being pleasantly surprised by the size of the event.
But because it was a smaller (than foq) event people who couldnt necessarily afford to exhibit at FOQ, could here ... hence I saw some really interesting stands and exhibits...

Of note to me were ...

The enterprising young lady who has shrunk a screen printing kit to a manageable size, A4 or even better A5, and created an affordable, lees mess , less room required way of screen print simple designs .. @Francesca  I immediately thought of you with your love of simple, bold, graphic prints .......Linky

Then there was the older couple who have found some paints that transferred beautifully and simply (but only on polycotton ...shhhh!) onto fabric and the gorgeous quilting designs she made from them ...   linky

Of course this was a complete crafters paradise and all aspects were catered for .. and there was something for @Lowena  too with these gorgeous works of art .... I must admit felting has never caught my eye as its all a bit cutesypie for me but this is extreme felting ... linky

and the course that took my eye was run by the fabulous Anne Helyer who took appliqued street scenes to new heights with the magic ingredient being Curtain pelmet interfacing taking her work off the wall and standing proud in their own right ... linky

The usual suspects were also present ... The quilted bear for all your habby needs, papercrafts, card stocks. Bombay Stores, a smattering of craft fabric stands and the ever odd scarf, jewellery, poncho stands all direct from a sweatshop in China but I did find that there were more local artisans and that made for a very interesting day!

@Lowena I would heartily recommend you visit this if it comes down your way!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 10:48:02 AM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Lowena

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 10:46:24 AM »
Thanks @Iminei  Most felting is far from cutesy. Some of it is amazing.
It comes to Exeter in February, when I'll be away in Oman.
Glad you had a good time
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Pearl

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 10:59:20 AM »
Thanks for sharing, @Iminei .  Some very interesting work there and I'm glad you had a good day. 

I was particularly pleased to see that Anne Helyer will be at the Big Textile Show in Leicester next weekend.  I went for the first time last year and am going again next Sunday.  At these smaller shows, it's possible to see everything and there's always something interesting I haven't seen before.

I love the felted :woof:  and would love one of my own dog

« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 11:01:48 AM by Pearl »

Pinkstar

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 15:00:24 PM »
Sounds like you had a fab time.

Some lovely stuff of the links  <3