The Sewing Place

What are you all working on?

eclectic

What are you all working on?
« on: October 18, 2018, 16:38:29 PM »
This is for a Trampoline group and I put the last stone on this afternoon and my finger is sore!! They can all dry while I make the boys leos and shorts (no bling there) then I just need to wash and put the shorts together. The photo includes my smallest ever leotard for the mascot  :)

Catllar

Re: What are you all working on?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 22:55:09 PM »
Nothing costume related at the moment, but the ideas are starting to feed through. It'll be all systems go for me by end November.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Seweasy

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 09:53:20 AM »
Beautiful work @eclectic, adding all those rhinestones must have been very time consuming too, no wonder your fingers hurt... :)

I'm currently working on embroidering polo shirts and hoodies for a window company....then after they are done, it's cushion time...involving unicorns, spiderman, the titanic and a football logo cushion....(thankfully not all one one cushion  0_0)...as well as making a memory cushion....and then a simple dress repair.... should keep me busy for a while... -<
I'm so much better at buying fabric, than  I am at using it up....

eclectic

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 11:26:57 AM »
Thanks @Seweasy   :) (and yes it took a couple of days) Have fun with your marathon cushion making and @Catllar enjoy your time off

(edited as I answered the phone and pressed post midway!)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 12:11:18 PM by eclectic »

Sewingforfun

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 18:14:18 PM »
Those are great @eclectic - I'm always impressed by people like you and @Catllar who have the patience to sew for others. Sewing for my finickity self is bad enough, I can't imagine trying to please others.

I'm surrounded by an explosion of fluorescent highlighter yellow (Chrisanne's "tropic lime") chiffon and organza for a new ballroom dress. I can't seem to upload pictures, but I have the godets sewn on and the underskirt made but not yet attached. Now I have to trim all the hems.   :\

It is asymmetrical with has one mesh long sleeve in the Tropic Lime, and the upper bust and one side in nude. The nude section will be all over stoned in AD. There will be stoned straps at the back, and feathers around the neck somehow if I can work out where best to put them!
Dancing too much and trying to remember sewing is for fun! Used to be CarolC.

Marniesews

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2018, 21:09:39 PM »
I've just started one ballroom and one latin dress for my DGD's new partner (matching two of the DGD's existing dresses for speed) and about to start on a couple of practice skirts while I wait for 2 more ballroom skirts coming to me to change their look with a lace overlay.

They're all needed for the first week of December & I can only arrange fittings once a fortnight so I'm writing myself lots of lists to keep me on track.

Yet again the list of sewing for 'when I get a chance' has been relegated to the waiting drawer.

I'm off on the DSI workroom tour tomorrow (eek…  :) :| 0_0 :D ) so I expect that list will have mushroomed by next week.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 23:36:50 PM by Marniesews »
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Lollipop

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2018, 22:04:52 PM »
Oh Marnie, so envious!
I have been mad busy with tutus and costumes for October festivals and am on the last lap finishing 3 costumes tomorrow. My last project for this period will be a Prince Albrecht tunic for a talented 15 year old ballet dancer.
I intend to have a week watching my granddaughters' dance week after next and then it's on to February orders.

Picture is middle grandbaby at British Champs in Fleetwood  <3 :loveit: <3

Was Sewnanny

Marniesews

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2018, 20:56:13 PM »
Oh Marnie, so envious!
Well I've just posted a description of the day and some pics (you may want to look away from the last two). Hope that helps feed the desire.  ;)
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.