The Sewing Place

[Taken] FREE Vintage Knitting Machine & Ribber

Kenora

[Taken] FREE Vintage Knitting Machine & Ribber
« on: October 18, 2018, 21:03:05 PM »
I have a vintage Passap M201 Knitting Machine with Ribber Attachment (1950's/1960's). I inherited it from my grandmother many years ago and, although I did use it for quite a few years, it's been in my loft for a long time and I'd like to find a good home for it now.

I'm posting to judge if there's any interest in the machine. I'm attaching photos so you can see what it will look like - these are not my photos - they're just for information - mine is probably very dirty - but as far as I can tell, I have pretty much everything that's shown, including the instruction book and the original receipt. I also have a number of vintage patterns specifically for this machine.

If anybody is interested, I will get DH to bring the machine down from the loft so that I can take photos. It will need a good clean and an oiling, at the least. I know collection probably won't be possible as I'm in Cornwall, but it's not electrical or electronic or computerised so it should travel OK. I'd be happy to package it up and organise a carrier, so would just be looking to be compensated for delivery costs. I'd estimate about £25 - £30 but please don't quote me on that because I haven't weighed the machine yet.

I really just want to see it going to a good home, as it holds good memories for me, and I can't just dispose of it. So if anybody is interested, please pm me.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 11:04:47 AM by Kenora »
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Renegade Sewist

Re: FREE Vintage Knitting Machine & Ribber
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 22:01:00 PM »
Whimper. Someone should be interested. I f we were on the same continent I would be doing backflips.  ;) Shipping to me would be astronomical.

Such a generous offer. Hope you find someone to give it a renewed life.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

wrenkins

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 07:30:25 AM »
@Kenora check out Mr Twingo's parcel thread. He sent my overlocker in a giant box for only £15. P&P may not be as bad as you think.  :)

https://thesewingplace.org.uk/index.php/topic,5500.msg89584.html#msg89584
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Kenora

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 13:57:20 PM »
Thank you @wrenkins  - I'll do that. My estimate was based on "something very heavy", which in this case was a pair of leaf springs that DH ordered for his classic car. Not similar, I know, but possibly similar weight. It would be nice to think it wouldn't cost as much as I quoted to transport.

@Renegade Sewist - I suppose the shipping would be expensive but probably the Customs charges would put the top hat on it altogether. :'(
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 14:02:07 PM »
@Kenora check out Mr Twingo's parcel thread. He sent my overlocker in a giant box for only £15. P&P may not be as bad as you think.  :)

https://thesewingplace.org.uk/index.php/topic,5500.msg89584.html#msg89584
I was just about to say the same thing - I used Parcel Monkey to send a 32" flat screen tv for only just over £12 via Parcel Force, who picked it up from our house.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2018, 14:03:10 PM »
I was just about to say the same thing - I used Parcel Monkey to send a 32" flat screen tv for only just over £12 via Parcel Force, who picked it up from our house.
Postage rates also depend on size, so check how long the package will be too.