The Sewing Place

Dress for the holiday season contest - anyone interested?

Kwaaked

Re: Dress for the holiday season contest - anyone interested?
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2018, 07:15:14 AM »
Define holiday season.

We celebrate Diwali, US Thanksgiving, Sinterklaas, Christmas and St. Stephen's day.

Some of them we dress up for (by we, me and my daughter) and some we don't.  Some get new pajamas (Sinterklaas and she can wear them to her pajama day at school, too), some double up duty...all depends what it is what the dress code is.

Manuela

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2018, 08:04:33 AM »
Define holiday season.

We celebrate Diwali, US Thanksgiving, Sinterklaas, Christmas and St. Stephen's day.

Some of them we dress up for (by we, me and my daughter) and some we don't.  Some get new pajamas (Sinterklaas and she can wear them to her pajama day at school, too), some double up duty...all depends what it is what the dress code is.

Any holiday/festival you celebrate and want to wear a posh-ish/special frock/outfit to.
Hope that helps  ;)

Catllar

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2018, 21:14:31 PM »
Nearest I get to a posh christmas frock is a bit of tinsel round the top of my wellies :)
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

DementedFairy

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2018, 21:19:57 PM »
Well, I love to stay in my pyjamas all through christmas, so perhaps a luxe pair of jammies?
C'est moi!

Goth Gardiner

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2018, 21:34:08 PM »
I am about to start on a posh frock. Several metres of black satin and a couple of purple burnt velvet.  But inlessnyounstart the competition tomorrownitbwill be all cut out before you start
There's no workman, whatsoever he be, That may both work well and hastily

DementedFairy

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2018, 21:47:22 PM »
I've got a pattern for a ridiculous jersey onesie (with a tie waist). Considering making it in a nice velour.

Meh to onesies how do you go weesies without freezies?  I'm thinking more satin lounging jammies for glam....
C'est moi!

DementedFairy

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2018, 22:03:42 PM »
Maybe I should make a more voluminous version of my Victorian/Edwardian open crotch undies?  As long as you are in ahem select company, they are very comfy and FAIRLY decent.  I say vicar!
C'est moi!

DementedFairy

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2018, 15:26:42 PM »
Right, I'm in.  Party frock time!
Blog post here
C'est moi!

BrendaP

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2018, 21:00:54 PM »
I have some nice royal blue figured velvet which I would like to magic into a posh frock but I would like to wear it this coming Friday!  Trouble is, even though it's jersey and with the right pattern should go together on the overlocker without too much fuss, I have visitors all day tomorrow, and I have meetings and other committments on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.  Could it all come together in one day? >:) -<

On the topic of everywhere being central to somewhere - the end of a peninsula down in the south east corner of the country isn't very central to anywhere.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.