The Sewing Place

Hello from the South West

Ohsewsimple

Re: Hello from the South West
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2018, 21:48:20 PM »
Welcome.  I'm sure someone on here will be able to answer most questions you may have.  Always good to encourage youngsters into crafts.

Esme866

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2018, 05:56:37 AM »
Hello Gavin!

And a great big welcome from the other side of the pond!

How lucky your little girl is to have a father to help her with sewing.

First time my Dad helped me with a project, I think I was 20 and a hose in my car's engine was clogged. After having me raise the hood, he graciously pointed out which hoses I needed to remove, clean out with gasoline and replace. He promptly returned to his chair in front of the TV in the den. ><

Manuela

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2018, 10:01:58 AM »
Welcome to the forum @Gavin, you'll find us to be a friendly bunch and eager to help.
While I live half way across the world, Mr Manuela is a fellow south-westerner - from Bristol.

Surest1tch

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2018, 22:47:56 PM »
Welcome from me too Gavin, you must be so pleased to have one of your little ones taking after you, I know I would have been over the moon

Gavin

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2018, 16:26:19 PM »
Hi Gavin - welcome to TSP. Tavistock is a great place to live, especially as I think you have two lovely quilt shops locally???  :)

I believe we are down to one, which is where I have purchased most of my materials recently. 

hernibs

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2018, 20:58:04 PM »
Welcome to the forum Gavin - wishing you success in your sewing endeavours....we all had to start somewhere.
Greetings from a very cold Northern Ireland where we are expecting minus temperatures tonight.

Iminei

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2018, 09:29:12 AM »
OOOOhhhh Tavistock ... you will be able to sample JP's delicious offerings next year!  :cake:
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again