The Sewing Place

Sew Direct`s new Website

Holly Berry

Re: Sew Direct`s new Website
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2018, 17:34:35 PM »
I’ve just left my feedback on their new site. I was looking for a particular Vintage Vogue, but didn’t know the number and had to scroll through 16 pages of Vogue dresses, clicking on several as the pictures were too small to pick up the detail. Got to the end and hadn’t found it, so no idea whether I missed it or it wasn’t there.  :devil:
Procrastination get behind me

toileandtrouble

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2018, 17:59:19 PM »
I did and haven't heard anything.
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

HenriettaMaria

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2018, 19:22:03 PM »
Just had a look - it's different but you can certainly go straight to, eg, Vogue menswear.  Hover over Patterns By Brand, hover over Vogue Patterns and the categories of Vogue appear to the right, from which you can pick, eg, Men and Boys.  I agree, though, that the resolution on the scans of the envelope backs isn't good enough to read - V2383 is awful.

Greybird

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2018, 20:44:32 PM »
I tried doing that - clicked on Vogue and then on categories - I got the category but for all brands, not just Vogue.

Addiscomber

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2018, 16:51:28 PM »
They have lost this customer.  Life is too short to be wrestling with an unstable website for things that I can easily get elsewhere.A few of the patterns have no picture - how on earth do they expect to sell those??

sewmuchmore

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2018, 09:31:01 AM »
I left feedback yesterday and this morning got this

Dear Janet,

Thank you for your e-mail and feedback regarding the new site.

Unfortunately due to system integration deadlines we were forced to launch the new site before it was 100% ready. We understand that this has led to a great deal of customer frustration and we apologise for this and thank you for your patience and understanding.

We remain committed to making further improvements and making the new Sew Direct website the best online retail site for sewing patterns. The key issues being addressed are the customer journey and logins, back of envelope image clarity, greater image availability across the McCall Pattern Company brands and ensuring all current patterns are available and correctly categorised.

We sincerely hope that the addition of the Simplicity, New look and Burda brands to the Sew Today magazine and the ability to shop all brands in one location will greatly enhance the customer experience in future.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies and know that we and our site developers are working hard to improve the website.

Kind regards,

Lisa Ward
Senior Sales Administrator
Unit 1 Coronation Point
Coronation Street
Stockport, UK
SK5 7PL
0161-480-8734 | 0161-480-8734
lisa.ward@cssindustries.com

It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Greybird

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2018, 10:20:40 AM »
Thank goodness for that. You would think that they would have contacted all subscribers with the same message. I am hoping that the magazine isn't similarly inferior - I haven't received this months issue yet - I can never remember what date I get it but it seems late.

Lizzy777

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2018, 10:22:44 AM »
I tried doing that - clicked on Vogue and then on categories - I got the category but for all brands, not just Vogue.

They've sorted that out now I noticed yesterday. You can click the brand pattern, then the go across and click the type of pattern you want makes it a lot easier and much less frustrating.

lizzy

Gernella

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2018, 10:50:41 AM »
I went to buy a pattern last night, just in case I got time before Christmas, and it refused to accept my email address.  I have no idea what my member number is so will have to wait until the next magazine comes.  Has anyone had anything similar and what did they do if no member number.

It's still a dogs breakfast though. Trouble is some websites are so good at selling stuff and know how to lure us that we have got used to the best, so fifth best is a let down.  The original website probably wanted updating but it did the job and it did it well.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Greybird

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2018, 11:08:00 AM »
@Gernella you have to re-register your password. They sent the following link (it says forgot password but it seems to be the right one. However I had to have several goes at it before it worked):

https://www.sewdirect.com/customer/account/forgotpassword/

Gernella

« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2018, 12:48:29 PM »
When I saw your first line @Greybird I thought done that, but only then I saw the rest and I've only tried once and still waiting for the email.

Mind you the magazine came today so at least now I have my membership number.  Mind you don't want the pattern now, or at least yet, saw another Waffle alteration pattern and they had a sale so got the Bamboo coat with the new pattern pieces which include a zipped front and different collar.  So that's me sorted for a bit.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Greybird

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2018, 20:35:26 PM »
Yes I got mine today. Quite relieved that they don't seem to have changed it I have yet to sit down and read it.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2018, 19:02:11 PM »
I have just been back onto website to order a pattern and it is now much easier to use, although I did notice Kwik Sew has 40% off and I haven't had an email about the discount even though I am signed up for them. Not that I buy KS but it make me wonder if they will notify me when other brands have a sale.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet